PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on Professional Pen Tablet

Death4Hire
09-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi, I'm plan to purchase a pen tablet for professional purposes so I went here to ask around on what pen tablet brand and model should we provide our artists.

I myself would automatically say Wacom brand but I'm no longer up to date. What's the best choice in the market right now for professional purposes? Are there really no alternatives like Japanese brands or what? Please recommend a brand and model and state why. It is better if you actually have those in the company you're working for. Also, if you have any tips feel free to tell :).

The only tip I know so far (in terms of drawing area size):
6x8 = for artists who draw based on the wrist
9x12 (or anything bigger than 6x8) = for artists who draw based on the elbow

Is this still true?

Sorry for asking too many questions but I really need advice from professional artists. :)

Thanks.

Death4Hire
09-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Well... anyone?

Pavlovich
09-29-2006, 01:41 PM
ehhhh...i've read a lot of wacom-alternative threads, and i don't remember anyone coming up with a brand that really competed on a professional level with wacom. anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

we use intuos 3 6x8 here at work, i enjoy it. i use an intuos 1 9x12 at home and enjoy that too. i've used my sister in laws graphire and wasn't overly impressed with it, but she may have had some weird settings.

but, i havent used any other brands of pen tablets, so for what it's worth...

imashination
09-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Basically, wacom. theyre pretty much running a monopoly at the high end.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2006, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.