PDA

View Full Version : Critique "Deep Blue Sea"

KahlanAmnell
09-27-2006, 04:18 AM
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4558/deepbluegf0.jpg

I just finished this for a monthly graphic competition on another site i help run. I was looking for some healthy critique from all of you because i know it can be better.

Time: 3-5 hours (on and off)
Software: Photoshop

I was inspirated to do this as my peice because i love the sea. We have only explored 1% of our ocean and it just makes you wonder whats out there.

SLG3
09-27-2006, 04:27 AM
OK 1st let me tell ya I like the premise of this and the sea is a great canvas. Now for my critique.
The sea bottom shouldn't look like the ocean surface, it should be sandy with maybe a few sea weeds and shell creatures. It would be nice to see some barnacles or tube-fish on the those rocks also. I see too much negative space that could be filled in with some more sea life. Hope this helps.

TimonQ
09-27-2006, 05:52 AM
The shark doesn't seem to care much about that prehistoric beasty right there, and it would seem like in the next second there would be a bit of interaction between the two. The treasure chest element seems a bit random too. There's no other indication of wreckage in the area, or anyone trying to get it. It also looks like it just dropped there not long ago. It's a beautiful piece, just the elements need to be further integrated with each other to draw the viewer in more.

Pegahoul
09-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Technically this is a good pic for each individual object (the shark, the beast, the rock and ocean are all greatly done), but as overall scenery I don't feel any 'life' in it. There's no interesting composition or interaction, nor a main object for the viewers to focus on. As for depicting ocan life, it's still rather empty (referring to previous crit).

Gisaiagami
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
the tones is wonderfull o.o
wow...the color really brilhant

KahlanAmnell
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you.

I will add some more sea life in the peice and perhaps a wreckege and post agian.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.