PDA

View Full Version : QuadroFX board pictures

elvis
01-31-2003, 09:44 PM
QuadroFX board pictures at GforceX:

http://www.gforcex.com/frame.pl?m=/artiklar/ovrigt/QuadroFX/

still no word from Dell if they are going to pick these cards up for use in their high-end workstations. word is Dell do silly things like choose one manufacturer for 12 months, and then a different one for the next 12 months. going by that, it looks like the ATi FireGL X1 and NVIDIA Quadro4 cards are the only ones on offer from Dell for a while. lets hope this isnt the case and they offer a bit more choice to their customers.

NVIDIA made a press release stating HP would be using the QuadroFX cards. No doubt BOXX will pick them up too.

ecjc97
01-31-2003, 10:17 PM
BOXX has already announced that they'll have both the FX1000 and FX2000 available in their systems as soon as they start shipping in Feb. We're considering them for our next workstation order but, want to see some benchmarking data first. If anyone sees any benchmark data around please post a link.

Goon
01-31-2003, 11:13 PM
So they take an extra port and don't give you anything for it? not even a huge vent? seems kind of cheap. howabout 4 monitor support? that would be nice.

HOLY CRAP this guy's :bounce: fast on a mac

danhua76
01-31-2003, 11:28 PM
is that actually a production board or is it just a reference board. after what i heard about the heat issues of the fx card, it would only make sense to use that extra slot as an exhaust port for the hot air.

not that it matters to me, since i can't even afford that board. damn, when is that perverbial 'bag of money' gonna fall on my lap??? :annoyed:

elvis
02-02-2003, 10:30 PM
as i've mentioned before, the first PCI slot and the AGP slot share and IRQ on most motherboards (some newer ones let you manually map IRQs however). losing the first PCI slot is not a big deal as you'd (a) never put anything in it to avoid video performance loss and (b) never put anything in it to keep it away from your hot video card heatsink.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.