PDA

View Full Version : Question: Matrix Motion Style

Magius
01-31-2003, 10:25 PM
How do i create a camera motion like in matrix.. where everything stops but the camera still moving ?

Hugh
02-01-2003, 03:47 AM
There are various ways of doing it.....

I'm assuming you're on a slightly lower budget here.....

1) Multiple stills with morphing

For this method, you either need a number of still cameras, with people to press the shutters at exactly the same time. Or you need actors that can do the same move over and over again in exactly the same way.
Once you've got your stills, you import them into a morphing program, and morph between them (I'd suggest getting clean plates of the background from each camera position, and morphing the background seperately - you'll have to rotoscope the morphed actors back over the top later, though)

2) Mapping images of actors onto 3D models

This is a method I read about a while ago - I can't remember where, though...
Basically, you have a rough model of your actor(s), and, from the images you have of them (3 or 4), you map textures onto those models. For a short shot, this can give a reasonable effect.
Then you animate your (now CG) characters doing whatever you want.

I worked on a v. low budget film a couple of years ago where I used the first method. It didn't come out as good as I had hoped, but it was an acceptable result...

Magius
02-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks man! :thumbsup:

beej
02-01-2003, 11:00 AM
check out realviz image modeller you should be able to get a pretty good result with like 8 cameras.

Hugh
02-01-2003, 11:27 AM
beej: That was the program that I was thinking of....

Magius
02-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Thanks a lot guys!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.