PDA

View Full Version : PS Filetrs for Comic Book Artists (Manga?)

feo
01-31-2003, 09:38 PM
Hello,
The other day I was at a bookstore and while browsing through a Japanese magazine I saw an add for a set of Photoshop filters that were oriented to people that do comic book art (the ad was specific to Manga style). They looked REALLY neat, but since I don't read Japanase (yet), I did not buy the magazine. i thought I would be able to find them on the web but the keywords that I am using generate way too mjany results (in the thousands) and I have not been able to locate them.
Does anybody here that maybe uses PhotoShop for comic book realted stuff know their name?, or maybe even some other ones that would be useful for that purpose?
This filters do thinks like the traditional manga motion lines, bursts and other things like that.
HELP!!!!!

kraal
01-31-2003, 10:49 PM
i do those all by hand......are they filters or actions????

kraal
01-31-2003, 10:56 PM
to be exact just go here save your money on filters and learn how it is done

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

feo
01-31-2003, 11:14 PM
They were filters, not actions. I saw the picture of the boxes and they have them available for Mac and Windows.
The name was in english, and I thought I was going to be able to remember it, but I forgot what it was...
They looked REALLY neat. Looks like they could speed things up by a lot.
I'll take a look at that link, thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.