PDA

View Full Version : finalToon Videos!

candicekulacz
09-26-2006, 03:27 PM
If you haven't seen these cool finalToon Videos yet, click the image below to check them out!

http://www.cebas.de/products/images/finaltoon/finalToonVidLarge.jpg (http://www.cebasusa.com/finalToon/finalToon.html)

For more information about finalToon Click Here! (http://www.finalrender.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=37)

sacslacker
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Will this shader be available for FR Stage 2 for Maya? If so, when?

akaiwa
09-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I wish Maya's toon features were more like that. I really love the outlines especially, they're so clean and smart at outlining the right stuff, wheras Maya is driving my crazy by rendering outlines that look different then in the scene itself.

LucentDreams
09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
kinda gutsy claming "unique" abilities to refract or have hatching and the likes when you know full well there are competition solutions witht he exact same capabilities isn't it?

Breinmeester
09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, hatching techniques and distortion features have been around, but this looks quite good and the overlap outlines look right. I'm wondering how good it is at particularly difficult things like noses. For now it seems to be what I'm after for quite a while.

thethule
09-27-2006, 01:51 PM
kinda gutsy claming "unique" abilities to refract or have hatching and the likes when you know full well there are competition solutions witht he exact same capabilities isn't it?

LOL, welcome to the Cebas school of marketing! It's an old technique that they have pioneered over the last 10 years....They are "unique" in that way when it comes to selling their stuff. Someone pass the salt....:scream:

Still, gotta admit, they do have some fine products..

marc

Michael-McCarthy
09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
LOL, welcome to the Cebas school of marketing! It's an old technique that they have pioneered over the last 10 years....They are "unique" in that way when it comes to selling their stuff. Someone pass the salt....:scream:

Still, gotta admit, they do have some fine products..

marc

Actually this script was written a while back by another company (not cebas). There is definitely a few theatrical phrases in there like, “and for all you artiste’s out there” :P .

We are putting forth a concerted effort to be as objective as possible when marketing our products. We do stand by the fact that these features are unique in the way they work, their speed, and the integration with 3dsmax :)

I think you will find that finalToon is quite an amazing package over all!

visualride
09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
This is a re-hash of some very old software. Cebas doesn't seem too intent on actually selling it, because even though it features unique capabilities such as extended edges (outside of Sketchup that sucks for animation) they don't say that it will work with Max past version 4. I tried to sell my employer on buying this software last year, but realized that it wouldn't work on todays versions of Max.

Michael-McCarthy
09-27-2006, 06:27 PM
This is a re-hash of some very old software. Cebas doesn't seem too intent on actually selling it, because even though it features unique capabilities such as extended edges (outside of Sketchup that sucks for animation) they don't say that it will work with Max past version 4. I tried to sell my employer on buying this software last year, but realized that it wouldn't work on todays versions of Max.

Hmmm…

This is strange an not correct at all. finalRender and finalToon are working with 3dsmax 6,7,8 and 9 when it comes out. Also this video is shot with 3dsmax 7.

Thanks a bunch

Michael

visualride
09-27-2006, 08:12 PM
This is strange an not correct at all. finalRender and finalToon are working with 3dsmax 6,7,8 and 9 when it comes out. Also this video is shot with 3dsmax 7.

I'm just talking about finalToon, not finalRender. FinalRender is very well advertized. You need to make the compatability very visible on the Cebas web sites, as this is older software. I searched last year and couldn't find any info. Just trying to help. I like the demo videos.

Michael-McCarthy
09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Good suggestion. Ill have the site updated with full compatibility list that includes All versions of 3dsmax 4-9. and Vis

[EDIT] When you go to order from http://shop.cebas.com it states that "All 3ds max versions starting from 3ds max 4 are supported!". This may have been confused to meen only up to version 4.[EDIT]

finalToon is really not "old software" though. It was first released in 2003, and has been updated with each finalRender Release.

If you didn’t know. finalToon comes with finalRender Stage-1. So if you get finalRender then you get finalToon also :)

Thanks
Michael

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.