PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY: Tokio Tastes the Future of Gaming (Tokyo Game Show)

RobertoOrtiz
09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Quote:
"PS3 vs. Wii was a hot topic of conversation but several promising titles also generated buzz at Game Show.

From strobe-lit guitar solos to pink-haired vamps crammed into sequined spandex costumes, the decadent legacy of the video game industry's Electronic Entertainment Expo lived on at the huge Tokyo Game Show.
Held over the weekend at the city's Makuhari Messe convention center, the show gave the widest view yet of this fall's battle of the behemoths. Expectations have run high before the U.S. launches Nov. 17 and 19, respectively, of Sony's Blu-ray disc-ready PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's motion-sensing Wii systems. They join Microsoft's Xbox 360 in stores for the holidays.

With the war brewing, an estimated 160,000 game fans and industry reps from around the world lined up to watch the Japanese game companies compete for control of the living room.

But despite PlayStation 3's overwhelming presence at the show, including a giant, theater-equipped booth and a lengthy keynote speech by Sony Computer Entertainment chief Ken Kutaragi, crowd reactions were mixed.

"The system's definitely powerful, but I don't know if it's worth the money," said David Allen of Pittsburgh. "I'm taking a wait-and-see approach."

Wii was a virtual no-show, with fewer than a dozen titles on display among the more than 569 products featured overall at the show. Still, the console's influence trying to broaden the market with a lower price, an easy-to-use controller and a focus on games rather than technology was felt. "It's going to do something never done before," enthused Drew Davidson, director of Carnegie Mellon University's Entertainment Technology Center."

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2006-09-26-toyko-game-show_x.htm

-R

Pinoy McGee
09-26-2006, 10:50 PM
...."y"...

:)

RobertoOrtiz
09-26-2006, 10:53 PM
...."y"...

That is how me spell it in Spanish. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

-R

Pinoy McGee
09-27-2006, 05:21 AM
1日や2日で東京見物をするのは不可能です。

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 05:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.