PDA

View Full Version : New Tek Europe dont wanna help me

EvilE
01-31-2003, 08:00 PM
Ok heres the story : ive read sometime ago that one can get Aura DV for free when he visit his Authorized Reseller and attend a demonstration of any NewTek product . Since i just purchased Lightwave ( end of december ) i thought hmmm i already bought LW and dont even needed an demonstration so why shouldnt they give Aura DV to me too . Then i asked proton per pm if there is any way to get the app and he replied i should mail NewTek Europe they should be able to give me a copy of Aura DV . This was some weeks and 3 mails ago but i didnt even get a reply till now and i am really disappointed . So what do you think should i do now ?

EE :annoyed:

Rabid pitbull
01-31-2003, 08:14 PM
first off this offer ended in like july or august... it was a limited time offer. probrobly why you got no response. secondly newtek does have other products.. toaster, aura. besides it called for a demonstration of a product, it could have been LW since you just got it they could have taught you much. besides the reason for the demo is to possibly sell you a product now or in the future... get to know your rep.

sad to say now you will just have to live without aura dv. :shrug: don't feel bad i missed out on it too and would have welcomed the addition of aura dv.

EvilE
01-31-2003, 08:21 PM
Why do you think this Aura DV for free thing already ended ? They still promote it on their site : http://www.newtek.com/products/aura_paint/free.html

KillMe
01-31-2003, 08:32 PM
go to your local reseller and ask for a demo of the toaster or aura or even lw again so like teh man said they can teach you something and walk out teh door with aura dv

EvilE
01-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Driving to my nearest reseller would mean driving around 6 hours for one way :shrug:

KillMe
01-31-2003, 08:41 PM
ahhhhhhh hmmmmmm wellllll do you enjoy driving? :D

EvilE
01-31-2003, 09:23 PM
Even if i would enjoy my boss wouldnt give me the needed free day cause we are having loads of work to do in the next 3-4 month :annoyed:

policarpo
01-31-2003, 09:32 PM
well it sounds like you are in a pickle of a situation. all work and no play makes one insane. :D

i seem to recall that AuraDV was being given away with a 3D mag a few months ago. Maybe Proton will remember which one it was so you could buy the back issue of it.

Rabid pitbull
02-01-2003, 02:45 PM
well check this link around pricing and availability...

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/02-04-08-c.html

only good through september:hmm:

Aquaman
02-02-2003, 04:14 PM
If you goto the Aura section on Newtek's website and click on the Aura DV Paint link it still says you can get Aura free by visiting your local authorized reseller and attending a demonstration of any NewTek product.

Pazur
02-02-2003, 05:38 PM
On a side note, from what I know it's really impossible to get any reply from Newtek Europe. I had some important case a couple of months ago, sent 2 emails and never got reply...

EvilE
02-02-2003, 05:44 PM
Yeah i heard that from a friend who is using lightwave too .
Maybe they should hire another person for support .
Seems like its better to life in the states when using Lightwave.

EE

Bytehawk
02-02-2003, 10:22 PM
you never really hear a lot from newtek europe
don't know who is working there
never see any posts on the boards anywhere (not just here)
noone like Proton around there I suppose

I guess there's not enough business to warant 2 or 3 full offices...

EvilE
02-02-2003, 10:48 PM
I mean there dont has to be someone like Proton around ( even if that would be nice ) but they should at least reply to e-mail even if its only a " Sorry dude we cant help you " but no answer at all is :thumbsdow

EE

BeeVee
02-04-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
you never really hear a lot from newtek europe
don't know who is working there
never see any posts on the boards anywhere (not just here)
noone like Proton around there I suppose

I guess there's not enough business to warant 2 or 3 full offices...

Umm, excuse me, but am I scotch mist? I post on here quite regularly! :) Honestly, please feel free to get in touch with me if there is, or has been, a problem and I'll do what I can to resolve it.

Take care,

B (works for NewTek Europe, no really)

proton
02-04-2003, 03:26 PM
Ben has been doing an excellent job for NewTek Europe.......just read all the great user profiles he has done in a short amount of time:

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/index.html

BeeVee
02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
...and there's another one going up tomorrow for Toaster users, in English and French to begin with, but we're also going to try and translate it into German, another LightWave story on Friday and hopefully some Aura stuff soon... :)

B

stefkeb
02-04-2003, 03:41 PM
I have it for free. Was included with Digit magazine www.digitmag.co.uk so check if you can order back issues.

Don't use it that much... but still entering the video world.

proton
02-04-2003, 03:45 PM
It was also NewTek-Europe that got LWDE on the cover CD of several magazines...

Ben- Can you list the names of all the magazines you got it on?

Aquaman
02-04-2003, 03:53 PM
PROTON: Do you know if the free Aura offer is still valid or did it truly end in September?

BeeVee
02-04-2003, 03:56 PM
The only trouble with the Digit giveaway is that I don't think they are allowed to send the CDs outside the UK (not just our software, but the CDs themselves), so you really need someone who has it in the UK...

As for the mags that LWDE is/was on, you can include all the Future titles, since I used to work for Future :) so 3D World, Computer Arts and the specials of both magazines, PC Plus (if they've done it yet), Mac Format (if they've done it yet) and several others. It has also been on a number of European mags like Pixel, digital production and others...

B

proton
02-04-2003, 03:58 PM
I will have to check on that....

Bytehawk
02-04-2003, 04:27 PM
BV

my excuses, you rock didn't realise you were in France!

I had an enquiry about an upgrade from v3 last summer
I got a faster reply from the local agent (CS2) about the possibilities / legalities of the dongle number
the reply from Newtek Europe came after I already registered my new 7.5 dongle... (although the girl was very friendly and did mention that she checked and saw I already registered)

EvilE
02-04-2003, 05:47 PM
I never said that Ben did / does a bad job ( excuse me if it sounded like that ) but someone did when i dont get any answer to my mail at all for weeks ( and the other thing ive written you per e-mail Ben ) so dont take it personal :beer:

EE

EDIT :

stefkeb wrote :
I have it for free. Was included with Digit magazine www.digitmag.co.uk so check if you can order back issues.

The only mag i have access to is DigitalProduction and it wasnt on their cdrom.

stefkeb
02-05-2003, 08:42 AM
I could buy DIgit in Belgium. We have an "International Magazine Store" in the city where I live.

I has all 3DWorld, Computer Arts and others...
I end up subscribing to 3DWorld ;) and recommend it to everyone.
They had all Lightwave demoes, but not the Aura DV.

BeeVee
02-05-2003, 08:58 AM
I would highly recommend 3D World as well, not only because I used to be editor of the magazine... :)

Subscribing is also the best way for anyone to get it, not just people outside the UK. It's faster to get to you (in Australia, people often have to wait four months for it, whereas by subscribing they would get it inside a week of it being on sale in the UK), it's a lot cheaper than buying it on the newsstand (more than 50% cheaper in some countries) and it's also more certain - too often I've bought magazines from shops that have missed out on issues and I've only found out too late that part 3 of a 5 part tutorial on making a battleship out of used cottonbuds is in the issue that the newsagent didn't get... :(

I know it sounds like sales talk, but I really don't have anything to sell, it's just common sense. Sorry for the plug for 3D World.

B

wgreenlee1
02-05-2003, 11:52 AM
3D World rocks!
I remember when Ben was editor and do miss him dearly but the crew there is top notch and does an excellent job!
One thing I really like is the way they crit softwares,pull no punches attitude.
Even Lightwave they are very critical of and after cooling off after reading thier reviews I really came to understanding just why they said what they said about not only Lightwave but a lot of programs needing redesign or as in the case of Lightwave,"it is becomeing unwielding(sp?)".
They are a good bunch of people and I cant imagine not having a subscription or any artist in these times not having a subscription as it is a valueble resource not only for the tutorials but also for the insights of the community that one may have missed or not gotten at all here on the web.

Just my thoughts.

BeeVee
02-05-2003, 11:55 AM
Thanks William,

The five bucks is in the mail (with your dongle). :)

B

wgreenlee1
02-05-2003, 12:13 PM
:bounce:

runejw
02-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Ben,
if you check out the links from the Newtek US pages to the Newtek Europe user profiles, there's a missing lightwave/ in the links, even if Lightwave is supposed to be everywhere :rolleyes:

Example:
on www.lightwave3d.com there's a link to
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/stormfront/stormfront_1.html
which should be
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/community/lightwave/stormfront/stormfront_1.html

Cheers,
Rune

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.