PDA

View Full Version : animation transfer

mistria
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi,
how can I transfer animation from any skeleton (animated and not characterized) to my character (allready characterized) ?

softdistortion
09-26-2006, 11:38 AM
I think you have to characterize your source skeleton. If you haven't used the MB skeleton naming convention and have different bone names it will tell you that things don't match up and you will have to go in and manually assign the bones in your source to the proper bones in the MB characterize skeleton.

mistria
09-26-2006, 11:54 AM
thank you for reply.
i tought this is the only way to do it... But if I have many animations, it is possible to transfer character from allready characterized skeleton to non-characterized one(it is the same skeleton, same naming, same hierarchy), or do I have to characterize every single animation, again and again and ....?

softdistortion
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
i'm not sure I understand what you are wanting, but you can't use a non characterized skeleton to drive a character as far as I know. The only way I could guess at how to do it would be to build some kind of constraints setup, but that's a bit extreme.

Depending on what you are doing, I think you could go through the chracterize routine once, and if all the animations are the same source rig/naming etc....you could merge in the rest of the animtion files onto the first one.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.