PDA

View Full Version : Pier

Rodney_O
09-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi All,

I've been working on a Pier model for a ut mod.

let me know what you think.

C&C very welcome. :D

Gamedev
09-26-2006, 01:48 AM
its looking good. For presentation purposes I would lose the 'cement' border. You can come up w/ something much more clever :). I would also say there should be more dirt on your texture maps, more wear etc. How about some of those cushion buoy things that white and hang from the sides so boats don't bang against the doc? How about some line ties and left behind rope etc? Just a few things to add. Overall pretty sharp though.

Good luck!

Ghostscape
09-26-2006, 05:34 AM
Yeah the concrete looks weird.

The whole thing is very much lacking a focal point or much interest - the whole thing is pretty much the same shade of brown, and the lighting is washing out the life preservers.

The entire sense of scale is off too. If those are human sized steps, then the string for the railing is about a foot high, and the preservers are about as big as someone's hand.

When modelling environment pieces it's really important to set up the units in your 3d program properly and use them to check proportions. You might also want to put a character in there for size reference - if you're using 3ds Max you can make a biped that's 6 feet tall and go around putting him in different postions to check things like chair heights or step sizes etc.

It's a good start but it needs some work.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 05:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.