PDA

View Full Version : Body Topology

Rafa-el
09-26-2006, 01:15 AM
hi , does anyone knows a site or tutorial to help me with body topology? the topology thread up there only covers faces...and im havin problems to know where to put loops in bodys.

thanks

fanger
09-26-2006, 02:48 AM
donno any sites which help, but if you could get your hands on Maya techniques master class- hyper real modeling......it does discuss line flow on the whole body in general.
hope that helps...
cheers

newellteapot
09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
it'a a complex question, there's no quick answer, better to get a book or a dvd.
I would also suggest to study a little bit of anatomy, it helps a lot.

deumilcat
09-26-2006, 04:39 PM
you should start with a tutorial on drawing bodies (for proportions)
+ studying anatomy, from basic to more detailed areas

as for modeling i recommend low poly edit for canvas, then highpoly export to zbrush for details

but that s more a question of what to model rather than how to model
you cant be Davinci in one day , especially with a mouse..

GregOconn
09-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey,

I don't know how experienced you are at modeling anatomical topology, but I found that the best way to learn is to jump on in. Find some reference pictures (usually from a medical site is the best bet) and then start modeling. After a few goes you should have your own way to build anatomical topology which have loops running how desired.

Saying that there are some DVD's and books that I can suggest which I have been through:

DVD's

Gnomon Humanoid Modeling - http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/smi03.html
Freedom of Teach Organic Modeling - http://www.freedom-of-teach.com/downloads/index.php

Books

Anatomy Drawing School - Andras Szunyoghy, Gyorgy Feher

http://www.amazon.ca/Anatomy-Drawing-School-Andras-Szunyoghy/dp/3833125284

One more thing I found a treat is to take a look at other peoples wires when they are kind enough to post them up. Its not always a good idea to copy the way they do things, but sometimes it can give you and idea of where to get started.

Hope that helps,

Greg

Rafa-el
09-27-2006, 12:58 AM
wow!

thanks for all the replies guys and gals.

cat , i have been studying anatomy just recently and yes i agree with you that no one can be a davinci in one day

greg , thanks a lot for the recomendations , i sure will buy those , i need ALL reference material i can get my hands on from books to dvd , and these will sure help me get started

as for wires...yeah i almost always see people posting head wires or posting their models already rendered , its a little hard to find full body wires or im not searching right

anyway thanks for all the replies , if anyone have a suggestion on books or dvds please post it!

thanks again :D

benclark
09-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Do you still need references? I just finished a game res anatomy model, I'll post some pics when I get home next week so you can see the edge flow on the body

newellteapot
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
By the way, the Richer is a great book. it's on amazon :)

Rafa-el
10-05-2006, 11:35 PM
hey alchemist , sure i do :D could please me let me know when you up the pics??? thanks a lot dude :D

and monica , thanks you too for the advice i will check on that book :D

thanks a lot guys

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2006, 11:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.