PDA

View Full Version : Help With Rendering

DarkTiger
09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Hello,

I have started using Maya and I have been using it for about a year now, and I never wanted to really render things. I would model and animate but not export it etc. My problem is I am trying to export my Maya animation as a movie but I cant find out how. I can render it with images but I would like to know how to export it as a .mov. I tried the export all and tried to make a .mov but it comes up with an Error saying it cant save the file. If anyone knows why it is doing this and what i can do to render it as a .mov movie that would be great if you can help me!

Thanks for your time,
Will

*Edit*Im using Maya 7 with mental ray for rendering

techmage
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Get a compositing program. Adobe After Effects, Shake, Nuke or Fusion. Fusion and Shake are probably the top contenders right now. Then you render out the images as .tga or whatever image format. The compositing programs can then import numbered images and use them as video. Then you can export and encode them into whatever video format you want with the compositing program... Which encoding video is a whole other subject.

Maya does have the abilty to export straight to a video file. But this isn't the ideal workflow because the compositing programs are much better at encoding video, plus the more you get into 3D the more your gonna realize how important it is to be good at compositing to get proffesional quality results. So if you wanna keep playing around with 3D stuff it's gonna be ideal to learn a compositing program anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.