PDA

View Full Version : Physical lights not working in new install! Please help!

bmwolf
09-25-2006, 10:06 PM
I recently installed XSI foundation 5.11(I was previously using the student version of advanced 5.11) and XSI keeps complaining about the physical light not being found.

'INFO : PHEN 0.2 error 051011: shader "physical_light" not found

I have installed the T2S shaders: t2s_filepack01, t2s_Illumination, t2s_materials_menu, t2s_MenatlRay_1.1 and in the plugin manager I can see the physical_light.spdl installed in the user directory, but the light won't render. I can set d2s_lights as the light shader and adjust all of it's parameters. It worked perfectly on my previous install.

I have also put msvcr71.dll into the system32 folder as it has fixed problems I've had with other shaders(I don't even know if the physical lights depend on this) but it hasn't helped.

I've ran runonce.bat after each reinstall of the shader, but... nothing!

I should also mention that I have completely reinstalled my system(windows, programs etc) in the last few days so there could be a problem elsewhere in the install.

what's causing this?

CiaranM
09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi,
I have experienced this same problem. Seb of T2S was nice enough to resolve the problem for me.
What you need to do is copy XSI physics.dll

e.g. C:\softimage\XSI_5.11\Application\bin\nt-x86-vc71\physics.dll

and paste it in the directory where the MentalRay addon is installed

e.g. C:\users\your_login\Softimage\XSI_5.11\Addons\T2S_MentalRay\Application\bin\nt-x86

Everything should work perfectly after that.

bmwolf
09-26-2006, 02:43 PM
That worked!. Thank you very much.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.