PDA

View Full Version : Hana Game Art Character

RayArtz
09-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Greetings Everyone!
Meet Hana:

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4713/hanadk5.th.jpg (http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hanadk5.jpg)

Inspired by a couple of Hyung Tae-Kim art pieces I wanted to get down the digital painting style
for a game art level character. Though she was a lot of fun to do, her dark south east asian skin proved
difficult at times.

Much like my other submission Alec; Hana is a fighter but weilds a weapon that most don't suspect
her hair-hammer -- as I decided to call it -- though looks decorative and only weights a few pounds a
quick swing of her head will land a devastating blow.

You may also notice the strange blue on her left leg. That is where the android comes into play.
Hana's skin is purely synthetic and underneath the beauty is her true skin.
Her leg had been damaged by fire after an intense fight with Dromo; so some skin appears burnt. But as her advanced Stem cell techology gets to work it'll be good as new.

Thats it!
I hope you all enjoy her as much as I did doing her....does that sound right?

Comments and Critques are welcome as always

sul1nko
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
The hammer on her hair - brilliant idea
I like anime cartoons, so I adore her big eyes and body of a barbie figure :) (I like the style you know :) )
good-looking game character

Augh
09-25-2006, 10:12 PM
hey man. I dunno if it's cus Safari sucks or because imageshack have so many exploding flash popups and banners and stuff these days, but I can't view the images in either of your new threads here. I get like halfway through loading it and the whole browser folds up T_T

Am suspecting it's due to this hideous temp laptop though. Heh disregard I guess.
Cheers

RayArtz
09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
well thats no good.

the page loads okay for me though.

I need to find an alternative to imageshack

If you want you can see the images at my deviantart page

killarai
09-26-2006, 06:39 AM
I only have a few critiques on Deformity and Intregration..

The elbow pivot seems to have an odd deformity to it, aswell as the shoulder pivot, and the stomach area could be a little integrated.

Other than that, I think the model is pretty well done. =]

Ghostscape
09-26-2006, 06:52 AM
What size is her texture map? She's very soft and blurry looking. The hair looks and her hairball have some pretty fine details on them but the rest of her looks very soft.

THe design it'self is pretty slick except I have no idea what the blue is supposed to be on her leg but it doesn't look like robotics. RIght now with the way the skin is burnt and there isn't an interior shadow, it looks like the blue is sitting on top of her leg. Put some shiny specular close to the edge of the skin to make it pop up, and put some shadow on the inside of the blue to make it sink in. As for the blue itself it's got something in the back of the leg but it doesn't look robotic, it looks too smooth and organic. Make a hard edged cybery-muscle or some pistons like the terminator.

Her tits are gigantic and she looks like she fell out of some frightening Hentai book or something. They work but you might want to tone them down slightly (I'm not one of those "omg they're not A cups stop objectifying women" folks but they're too big for her body and throw off the nice proportions.)

Her anatomy looks pretty good, you might want to do something about about her shoulder because it won't deform correctly without another loop. Also, her hair on her right side looks good, but you might want to blend the hair on her left side into her scalp a bit better. Pulling her hair back like that will expose her hairline which doesn't follow the geometry you have right now, pull your hair back and look in the mirror, that's the shape it should have.

Also, you have her hair twirled up, and it won't stay like that, it will unspin. You may want to wrap her hair actually, as a pony tail that long will fall open and poof out instead of snapping like a whip.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.