PDA

View Full Version : andrei313's Vehicles

andrei313
09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Time for some vehicles... I never model vehicles untill now. I don't really like cars... so I thought I could start with something more interesting. What do you think of this ?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5225/tractor01ri3.jpg

I want to make an interior too and keep it under 4.000-4.500. Right now it is a little too highpoly for that to happen so I would have to optimize it a little.

TychoCelchuuu
09-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Looks pretty good. You should be able to optimize a lot of stuff by using intersecting geometry; the windshield can be fewer tris, for example and the door probably can be too. The front of the vehicle seems to have a few too many quads, especially considering it's basically almost flat, so you could reduce it there. It looks pretty good though.

WesleyTack
09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
nice model, proportions are good, but like Lychocelchuuu said, you can optimize on a lot of places. And since the tires are so big I would add a few more segments, they looks too pointy atm. Also, the rear wheels need space between the wheel cover and the tire. if it hits a pit it would bump into it, as it is on the render already against it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.