PDA

View Full Version : MB Control Rig To Maya Normal Rig?

svetlozar_draganov
09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
TOPIC: MB Control Rig To Maya Normal Rig?

DESCRIPTION: How to trasfer animation created with control rig in MB on normal rig with aditional controls with driven key and etc.

Hello ALL

I am searching some way to transfer animation from Control rig in MB to Maya rig with set up driven key, influence objects and so on. I searched for mel scrips, plugins or some pipeline to do that, but I didn`t find anything. I`ve find some mel scripts to transfer/bake animation but they work only for nomal joins, and when I have diferent hierarchy on both rigs the scripts give me an error. I want control rig (FBIK in Maya) to drive normar rig, but both hierarchys are diferent:
How to do that? any mel, plugin, pipeline .... I want to do major animation and facial animation in MotionBuilder , transfer this animation to Maya normal rig, and create a secondary animation with aditional controls in maya, to have good deforming with influence objects.
Please give me some way, opinion, links or whatever informations about this problem. Thanks everyone.

mayanimation
09-26-2006, 11:24 PM
As far as I know and use it you first start from Maya, export your rig to MB and then characterize it. If you have different topology, no problem, you can match the names and export a file with your personal naming conventions for your bones structure.
As far as driven keys, influence objects and other nice stuff, you have to take a deep look into the fbx file format. some thing work, some don't. It should be documented in your manuals for the fbx-plug-in what Maya specific setups are tranfered through to MB via the fbx plug-in.

m

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 11:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.