PDA

View Full Version : Adobe lightroom beta 4

yinako
09-25-2006, 12:38 PM
get it here guys :)

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/

OMG...this is too good to be true, this is the next generation of digital imaging, the stuff we have all been waiting for, this is like 10 times better than beta 3. I don't think I'll ever go back to using photoshops cruves again...

Tlock
09-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Only works with Windows XP (SP2). It's sad that with all the different OS's MS has out on the market XP (SP2) is the minimum OS.

StefanA
09-25-2006, 03:19 PM
??? "It's sad that with all the different OS's MS has..."

say again?? I must be missing something....

regards
stefan *confused* andersson

gent_k
09-25-2006, 04:18 PM
??? "It's sad that with all the different OS's MS has..."

say again?? I must be missing something....

regards
stefan *confused* andersson

does windows 2000 ring a bell? ...still popular enough.

durbdk
09-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Only works with Windows XP (SP2). It's sad that with all the different OS's MS has out on the market XP (SP2) is the minimum OS.

Dude, chill, just read the front page, "Download the MAC or WIN Beta". Big button...Top of page. Download the one you want, and don't expect it to make it's way to Linux anytime soon.

And if the MAC binery hasn't been released yet, be patient, it will be soon.

And, no, I haven't downloaded it; no need.

pixelmonk
09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
does windows 2000 ring a bell? ...still popular enough.

obviously not. People still use ME and 98 but that doesn't mean Adobe needs to support it in it's future/current apps. This program may use newer DX calls or other libraries that obviously 2K doesn't have. The same could be said for OS9 and below.

RockinAkin
09-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Is there a direct link to the beta files? I hate the adobe registration bullshit.

Tlock
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Dude, chill, just read the front page, "Download the MAC or WIN Beta". Big button...Top of page. Download the one you want, and don't expect it to make it's way to Linux anytime soon.

And if the MAC binery hasn't been released yet, be patient, it will be soon.

And, no, I haven't downloaded it; no need.

Who is over reacting, maybe a bit disappointed. I use Windows 2000 (Linux is not a Microsoft Operating System) which is still supported by "MS" Microsoft. And for you StefanA (Windows 95,98,Me,2000,2003,XP(SP1 & 2), and very soon Vista) and from the last report i saw Windows 2000 is the second most popular Windows "OS" Operating System.

From that list ONLY Windows XP SP2 is supported and possibily Vista. 1 out 6 or 7.

So i guess my comments affect just a a few dozen million users, yup sorry.

Tlock
09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Pixelmonk, just to continue your comment which i agree with. But not even Mac OS 10.4.2 and below is supported.

the-negative
09-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Hmm... ever wonder why the name changed from Lightroom to Photoshop Lightroom?
I see the premium CS3 having this.

almux
09-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I see the premium CS3 having this.
...Right. Obviously "Photoshop" mainly speakes for itself... Should all be bound with photos. At the start Photoshop was the best (if not only) virtual "Lightroom"... From it's origine, it has just grown out having not much to do with photographers any more. Corollary Adobe had to give such a 720 turnaround to get back to photographers that a "Lightroom Photoshop" had to be created from scratch... maybe just to be screwed again to "Photoshop Lightroom"...

pearson
09-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I see the premium CS3 having this.I don't think so. They've tried to brand everything with the Photoshop tag for a while now. Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Album, etc. I'm not sure why they do it, to be honest, since I just find it confusing; they are stand alone apps, not integrated into photoshop.:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 09:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.