PDA

View Full Version : New Modeler - CB Model Pro

roald
09-25-2006, 08:44 AM
This modeler seems quite interesting! I haven`t had the time to try it myself yet, but it seems to have some nice features. Beta-version is free & ready to download.

Check it out here! (http://www.cbmodelpro.com/about.html)

CornFielD
09-25-2006, 10:06 AM
I think that it needs new UI design before I bother to try it out... have to say that I hate those buttons!!

laiels
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
honestly......downloaded it, installed it, played around.......deinstalled it 20 seconds later. The whole process took all of 5 minutes. Sorry about being so harsh.

isigraphics
09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
the gallery looks horrible. they should put in better pics there.

roald
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah.. I agree about the buttons. They dont look very appealing. A bit cheap.

Will try it later today though. Just to see if has potential.

poly-phobic
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
honestly......downloaded it, installed it, played around.......deinstalled it 20 seconds later. The whole process took all of 5 minutes. Sorry about being so harsh.

ditto.

i thought it was along the lines of gscuplt, but honestly, im not sure what it is.

i love this quote on their page " CB Model Pro was built around the idea that surfaces should be manipulated directly"

DoctorMonkeyFist
09-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Installed it. Played with it. Uninstalled. I tried to find something redeeming about it but it lacks anything useful. I guess the curve on surface deformer could be useful if it worked better. In all fairness, as unimpressive as the stuff in the gallery looks, it's really impressive for being done with this software.

bigbad
09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
As a blender user that I am, I will try it more then 5 minutes.

R10k
09-25-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm going to register it, simply so I can jump on their forum and let them know it has a looooong way to go. Pro it most certainly isn't... but I'm sure a few kids out there will make some interesting shapes with it.

Arcanox
09-26-2006, 05:37 AM
This program seems like a poor man's Zbrush. Sadly it doesn't really earn up to the functionality yet, the navigation is a bit of a headache, especially with the little dude trapped in that goldfish bowl spinning around.

Bayaron
09-26-2006, 07:01 AM
honestly......downloaded it, installed it, played around.......deinstalled it 20 seconds later.

15 sec =))))

laiels
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
damn. You beat me by 5 seconds. You win. :scream:

CaptainObvious
09-26-2006, 11:04 AM
I didn't even bother downloading it. I win.

pnoland
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
There was a thread about this application over at Silo's main forum and it got ripped to shreds. :P I downloading and honestly tested it out a while back when I first heard of it but I found the interface clunky and over all the application isn't really worth much. If you need a freeform modeling application and can't drum the cash up for Zbrush, or you can't get on Mudbox's beta, then get Silo or download SharpConstruct (which is actually not bad!). This application just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

CGTalk Moderation
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.