PDA

View Full Version : Request to all posters

JDex
09-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Hey all,

Often when we have problems or questions and get an answer that makes us feel just a little bit newbish there is a knee-jerk reaction to go in an change our original post or even remove the question and replace it with a "Nevermind" or something like that.

Please do not do that. The real power of these forums is that if a question is asked and then answered, the information is then available for others to find or be directed to if they ask the same or a similar question.

Editing your post to hide something that makes you feel a bit newbish actually prevent the information from being easily understood by others... furthermore, with the addition of the CGWiki, it makes it difficult for the information to find it's way there.

This is not a big problem here in our XSI forum, but it does happen enough that I felt it was important to mention it.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled searching, and conversations... already in progress.

bmwolf
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Nice! I agree.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2006, 05:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.