View Full Version : Update on Pixar's next short: "Lifted!"

RobertoOrtiz
09-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Quote:

"Lifted 2006 | 5 Minutes
Color | 35mm

Distributor: Pixar Animation Studios

Film Summary

Animated Short. A bumbling young alien student from a distant world tests the patience of an increasingly weary instructor as he attempts a first-time abduction of a innocently slumbering farmer in Lifted, the comical latest short film from Pixar Animation Studios.

I searched furthur and found that Lifted will be showing atThe 42nd Chicago International Film Festival (http://www.chicagofilmfestival.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/-TestCIFFSite.woa/1/wa/pages/Panels?wosid=CGNLRdTZS8Z65AExZcmBOM). I also found the above image. They stated the following information..."

http://upcomingpixar.blogspot.com/2006/09/lifted.html

-R

Michael5188
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Exciting! I like the design on the alien. Boy, I wish I had a means of getting to Chicago...

ThirdEye
09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I like the design on the alien.

am i the only one who thinks it looks like Navone's Alien?

meyers3d
09-24-2006, 07:17 PM

haha! your right they do look similar, however, Navone's is a cyclops.

L.Rawlins
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM

Yes. This appears more amphibian, sort of like a frog.

FloydBishop
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM

Maybe they LIFTED the design?

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week.

BigJay
09-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Well he works there so maybe he got invoved with the design of it.

danshewan
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Exciting! I like the design on the alien.

I'm looking forward to this - I like the concept, but I've got to admit I'm not overly-impressed with the alien design..... as Rawlins pointed out, it does look more amphibian than extra-terrestrial.

fattyLees
09-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm looking forward to this - I like the concept, but I've got to admit I'm not overly-impressed with the alien design..... as Rawlins pointed out, it does look more amphibian than extra-terrestrial.

Well I like it. It's simple, cute, and follows the notion that all aliens are little green men.

i think it's kinda hard to argue that something looks like an extra-terrestrial being or not...I mean, how many E.T's have we all seen...That would be none.

Capel
09-26-2006, 12:52 AM
that image looks really... not good. it doesn't look on par with the quality of their other shorts... i wonder if it's legit.

JoshBowman
09-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Hmm...the alien feels rather poorly designed for a pixar short. It lacks a certain uniqueness and isn't really appealing. I guess I'll wait and see it in motion before I pass too much judgement on it though.

DrFx
09-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the "Cars" first renders, but the final movie was amazing... I think Pixar leaks some early images just to build hype, even if they're not "Pixar standard".

danshewan
09-26-2006, 11:33 AM
I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the "Cars" first renders, but the final movie was amazing... I think Pixar leaks some early images just to build hype, even if they're not "Pixar standard".

This would make a lot of sense - I hope they come up with a better design for the final film, if this is the case. I really like the idea for the story, and I'm sure that the final result will be just as impressive as their other work.

Either way, I'm still looking forward to seeing it.

Rickmeister
09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
the design of the alien itself is'nt that special, but what i've learned from pixar is that they don't make the most sophisticated models on the planet... but they deliver the total perfect package... that is what makes them so good!

RobertoOrtiz
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Quote:
"
I don't know how many of your readers are interested in Pixar shorts but I was lucky enought to have the director, Gary Rydstrom, of their new short called "Lifted" come to my school for a special advanced screening and panel session. It's soo fresh that the sound was off sync by about 3 frames and nobody outside of Pixar has really seen it yet. It's going to be screened at the Chicago International Film Fest on Saturday, but we got it first.

"

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30396

-R

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.