PDA

View Full Version : Soundkeys in C4D

xiiixiii
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi I am fairly new to C4D and am having quite a bit of trouble getting my 3D stuff to react to sound. I found Zendorf's very informative post about driving Xpresso through Trapcode's Soundkeys http://forums.cgsociety.org/archive/index.php/t-233836.html by searching the board. This was a great starting point for me as I use AE and Soundkeys regularly.

Sadly I don't have ditools and and therefore cannot complete every stage of his walkthrough. I am running C4D 9.507 Student Edition. Could someone who is in the know please run through what I need to do to make my sound controlled 3D dreams come true and make a student very happy! Thanks very much.

Michael.

tcastudios
09-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Instead if the DiTools CH Sampler you can use the Bitmap node in Cinema.
Drive the position (or the parameter you want to use) from the Color output of the BitMap Node. Add a RangeMapper between the Bitmap node and your parameter to scale it to the values you need.

So do your thing as described in that post, with TrapCode.
In Cinema use that rendered comp as reference in the BitMap node.
Since it is a greyscale color, the position where you pick the value doesn't matter.
it's the same for the whole movie.

Cheers
Lennart

PS I don't now if the BitMap node came with R9.5 or not, but R9.6 is a free update. DS

EDIT. Oh I see now that the BitMap does not automatically read a movie, but maybe there is a way for it to do that....

xiiixiii
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi Lennart

thanks so much for your fast reply. I haven't posted sooner as I wanted to try out every possible solution I could think of but I still can't get this to work. I think it has something to do with the new bitmap node not reading movie files as you suggested in your previous post.

Does anyone have any idea how to make the bitmap node read movie files? I'm new to xpresso you see so this is all a bit daunting for me. I am having fun learning though and that's what counts right?!

Michael.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.