PDA

View Full Version : Feng Zhu Starts New Video Game Studio In Beijing

CGFelker27
09-23-2006, 05:02 PM
IF THIS IS A REPOST FORGIVE ME.....FENG JUST KEEPS MOVIN'!

http://www.possibilityspace.com/

ParamountCell
09-23-2006, 05:08 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Terro
09-23-2006, 05:15 PM
At first glace of the site it didn't look legit, but sure enough if you go to http://www.fengzhudesign.com it's front page news. Coolbeans

Pinoy McGee
09-23-2006, 07:10 PM
:) I don't think they'll hire concept artists anytime soon.

Good luck to Feng and co.!

CGFelker27
09-23-2006, 08:24 PM

I think they are hiring right now....click on the link that says "jobs"

heavyness
09-23-2006, 08:49 PM
dammit! i wanted to hire him when i start my own studio :D

Feng Zhu does some awesome stuff... actually, everything he does is awesome. looking forward to their first game.

kraal
09-24-2006, 12:16 AM
so what happen to gamma ray studios...... hmmm well i hope this atleast produces something

PhilOsirus
09-24-2006, 03:41 AM
It taks a lot nowadays to make big games, so I wonder what they might work on. The game industry is way too competitive, making a successful game means you have to be able to lose money on a few titles as well (hence being able to release a steady flow of games, which means some will be financial failures and some will be great, and all along investors will keep investing). Only the biggest companies out there are able to do this.

I think artists should take the Massive Black route, keep doing artist work (concept art, IP "branding") and not limit themselves to a particular type of production. Stay flexible and take no long-term responisibilities. Just get on the project, establish the foundations, take the money and move to the next.

PS: No that doesn't mean this is what MB does;)

Pinoy McGee
09-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Imaking a successful game means you have to be able to lose money on a few titles as well (hence being able to release a steady flow of games, which means some will be financial failures and some will be great, and all along investors will keep investing). Only the biggest companies out there are able to do this.

Developers, big and small, save a lot of money outsourcing and bypassing publisher monopoly. I can see a puny developer with a fun and stable subscription based mmo being just as wildly profitable as the mEgA developers.

OT but related to the discussion: Epic Announces Epic China Outsourcing Division (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10971)

Why China for Epic, and why now? Wilbur explained that the cost per man month (including overhead) to produce games in North America is around $9,000, and in Europe and Japan, it's $8,500 per man month. But costs per man month in China are less than $4,000 - hence Epic's choice to keep its core team at Epic's NC offices, but outsource significant amounts of art creation for its games.

pogonip
09-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Ouch ,did anyone look at the movie for the first game Warrior Epic ? I don't get what's going on at all ??? :shrug:Hey Feng if you read this you might wanna wait to release videos + screenshots until you have something that resembles a game ..no insult intended .

Lunatique
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM

Feng won't be doing much drawing anymore--he told me that when we hung out during CG Overdrive 2006 in Singapore. He'll be concentrating on running the company mostly, so, yes, I'm sure they'd need concept artists.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.