PDA

View Full Version : FinalGather rendering animation problem

kevinw
09-23-2006, 04:20 AM
OK... I can render single frames at any point in my animation and everything is there. When I batch render, some of the geometry does not stay with the rig. (it's basically a mechanical robot with lots of different pieces)

It works in a playblast just fine. It works in my viewport just fine. It works in a still frame just fine. It even worked in a maya software test rendered sequence. There is no keyed visiblity, no crazy shaders, nothing out of the ordinary.. For whatever reason, SOME of the geometry is rendered, but stays in its initial position from frame 1 and doesn't follow the rest of the geometry/rig.

anyone have any clue why this might happen?

thanks.

MikeRhone
09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey Kevin, I sent Floyd a PM. Did you ever figure out what was happening and/or a solution?

kevinw
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Yo Mike..
I figured it out the other night. In the mental ray render globals there is a check box for "optimize animation detection" I think I turned that on at one point hoping it would speed up the renders a bit. Yeah... don't check that. Once I turned that off, all was right with the world. Thanks for your input.

MikeRhone
09-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Ah, it's always good to find a 'Please ruin my render' button. Glad it's all working now :)

FloydBishop
09-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Yeah, thanks for the help, Mike. Kevin had it figured out by the time I relayed the information.

chriswaner
09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm just going to throw this in to the mix for anyone that runs into this problem, follows the instructions in this thread, and it doesn't work. I had a problem with a rig that did the exact same thing. I checked my mental ray settings as described in the thread, but the geometry still remained in the position it was at frame 1.

In my case I had some 'bad' or 'garbled' history elements on the geometry. I had to unbind, strip all history out of it, and then rebind. The problem went away.

If nothing else works, give that a shot.

Chris

kevinw
09-27-2006, 05:24 PM
hey chris.... good to know. Once you clean up the history and it works for you, does checking on the "optimize animation detection" give you the same static geo problem?

For future reference I'd like to figure out the ultimate cause of this. Perhaps there was some history issues in my scene that I didn't see and I just got lucky by turning off the "optimize animation detection"

Anyway, thank for the input.

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2006, 05:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.