PDA

View Full Version : Digital Photo Project - Please Criticize

singularity2006
01-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Please CONSTRUCTIVELY criticize this older piece I have... digital photo project:

http://instillstudios.yoshi8me.com/gallery/fullsize/044.jpg

tchook
01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
hi
good font
especialy the "june seven" composition very well balanced.

but i think the image need some kind of a focus point.
and you should work on your scanline effect (it will be better
it will be blended with the background)
maybe the frame is a bit "simple" (i ll try to create a polaroid
frame instead)

c u

kraal
01-31-2003, 08:59 AM
the right bottom corner reminds me of a thumb in a photo it looks out of place...(ether needs to be enlarged and defined or removed)

DannyB
01-31-2003, 11:46 AM
I like the June 7th title, primarily because of the 'swirls' behind. They suggest old fashioned calligraphy. Is this what you were aiming for? If so i would like to see that developed , maybe looking at creating those swirls as part of the title 'June 7th'. Its says that day has much meaning in this piece.

Of the type at the bottom I find the content a but 'nihilistic' but thats just a gut reaction to the words. The typography makes it seem as if it were just a footnote, kind of plonked there. Could that type interact with the background so it feels more tied in with the narrative of the whole image?

I really like the base image, a mysterious foggy highway somewhere, early morning or twilight. Maybe some subtle noise and more layers to tell the story.

The scanlines I feel a bit OTT, they deaden the intimacy of the scene for me. It is as if we are looking through a 'speed restriction camera' .

The border needs looking at.

Good start, I think its a solid basis for a sound piece and would like to see it developed further.

singularity2006
02-05-2003, 11:54 PM
that "thumb" in the lower right is actually a portion of the roof of the gazebo in the backyard. Anyhow, this is a much older thing I did a long while back ...

how would one recommend a modification of the border? I was never really good w/ image borders. The best I generally do is keep it clean on a white background w/ a drop shadow. The scanlines are a bit harsh.... the text is meant to stand out... but yes, does stand out quite a bit.... it's been so long since I've done any photoshopping. No time w/ school and all... :shrug:

VestanPance
02-06-2003, 05:46 AM
Everything I would have said has been covered. Probably the one thing that jumped out the most was the scanlines. I like the overlays with the "June 7th", nice mood.

SP

DaRt
02-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Yea nice font, Viner Hand ITC, I use that sometimes
And also, Im not that sure on what this picture is, confuse me

V_Shane
02-08-2003, 06:32 AM
a good focal point for this (in a painterly way) would be to have a silhouetted figure either sitting/pondering or standing in the lower right hand corner. To be even more contemporary with the scanline approach the silhouette on the hill could have a lap top, but ahve him looking out over the screen (povdering again) not looking at it.

Shane

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.