PDA

View Full Version : Constraint Lock setting does not ...

Sentenza
09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
... maintain the offset between the sender and the receiver object? Is this true - Do i have sth. understand wrong! In the manuals I can read : Click lock in the constraints settings if you want to maintain the correct offsets between the source and target. So I thought this was what I look for in another thread ... with this option I thought I'am able to constraint the translation and rotation of the source to the target while keeping the position of both. But what I got was the same as having not clicked the lock button? Done sth. wrong? Enlighten me on that? If you can and are willing to? It's still for my problem to attach the datagloves data to the actor in MB when markers and bones do not exactly match in position! :-(

Sentenza
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok, I managed to keep the receive constraint object where it is while another positioned objects sends data to it. Rotation data! That works ok so far. But the translation of the object is still a problem. I'am able to keep the receiver object where it as but then ... when the send object of the constraint moves MB does not calculate like I want ...

Here is the solution I tried:

I created the actor
I loaded, cleaned and ready the MoCap Data
Connect the MoCap Data to the actor and let the actor drive my charcter
Plotted the animation and then (while I cannot directly connect glove data to the actor) used the same marker as before to constrain them to the FK Chain

But some problems remain. If I want to do it with relation constraints I have to lay the marker 100% above the FK bones - that's not possible in all cases ...

Anyone knows another hint for that maybe!

Sentenza
09-25-2006, 02:24 PM
Solved!
I dont' need the translation anymore now ...

So here is what I do to move the hand/fingers with mocap data recorded from not direct supported glove devices!

Step 1)

Record the mocap data

Step 2)

Import the data in MB - create an actor and fit the marker to the actor

Step 3)

fix and clean the mocap data (doing everything at first only for the body movements, I forget about the finger stuff

Step 4)

Plot the animation to the character

Step 5)

Using the rotation constraints (or relation constraints) to let the marker drive the corresponding FK Bones of my characters control rig

Plot the whole thing again and export to maya

Ready to go !

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2006, 02:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.