PDA

View Full Version : Flat Earth Multimedia V3

slayerment
01-31-2003, 03:29 AM
I decided to update my company site. Please tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

http://www.femultimedia.com

slayerment
02-02-2003, 02:57 AM
anybody?

Trickster
02-02-2003, 07:15 AM
i'm sorry but is that suppose to happen... i meant the slow loading cos it took about 3/4 mins? sorry that i sound rude

Selim
02-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Like it , but should be progress bar in preloader.

jimiyo
02-02-2003, 08:08 PM
looks great, im on broadband so im not having trouble with it... its very slick and professional.

i would question its functionality though. i could see something like this in product or demostraction user interface, but as far as the web, since web is content driven, the loading times and all the pretty stuff may not be appropriate. after a while, if i was searching for just information or images, it gets tiresome.

pretty tight though.

fig
02-08-2003, 08:29 PM
site was down when i initially checked this, then i finally saw it and meat to reply and forgot.

its good, really strong work, the transitions and sounds work really well. i have a few crits tho.

change the body text, it doesn't work. try an aliased font, maybe a narrower sans-serif font, whatever you do just get rid of the tahoma. it kills the tech-ish feel completely.

the music just stopped. you might want to increase the number of loops of your audio clip.

as much as i do think its good, it just screams 2advanced to me. the sounds, transitions, etc., are SO that style. you can obviously do some nice stuff in flash and understand how to set up your transitions and everything well, take that and apply it to something different that you can call your own.

i'd be interested to hear how you set up your different loading animations and mc's, it all flows really nicely from a technical perspective. good stuff.

chris

slayerment
02-09-2003, 02:26 AM
thx for the feedback everyone.

fig: you touched on all the things that i didn't like about the site such as the text and audio loop. i couldn't find a good free font to use as static text and cant use dynamic becuase im tweening my text. i really dont know how to loop the audio because its streaming audio. im sure if i put i few minutes of thought into it i could figure it out but i figured most ppl wont b on the site more than a few minutes. and yes, heavily inspired by 2a like all my sites, although my next site im working on im trying to pull away a little bit. my setup is like so:
for the transitions i have my swfs that im loading in w/ a start label and an end label. every swf gets loaded into the same mc so i can tell my buttons to always play the end animation when theyre clicked. it then goes to my transition thingy w/ a preloader on the mc in which the swf is loaded. and then when thats done i have it play the start part of the newly loaded swf. hope that made some sense and thanks again!

Michael Chen
02-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Really good :)

Man, how many sites have you got? 2, 3 or more? :D

I seen your personal site, but I think this one's better :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work :)

fig
02-09-2003, 07:03 AM
good stuff, and thanks for the info. as far as sound most of what i've done has been just loops with the cool attachSound stuff in flash 5 and mx.

looking forward to seeing more stuff... :thumbsup:

chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.