PDA

View Full Version : Hash and studios

binder3d
01-31-2003, 04:15 AM
Wondering how studios like eggington, anzovin and avalanche work with Hash. Do they offer any help if you guys run into a pinch as far as feaure or work around? I ask because while Hash targets the hobbyists - I wonder if the studios get the deserved attention for all the cool work. Like if Eggington calls them and says Im working on such and such can you add this and work on this?

JoeW
01-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Yes, they do add things on occasion or fix something that's broken - but it really depends on WHO reports the bug to them - some people have the programmer's ears, if you know what I mean.

Some of the really cool features of AM started out as requests from us (and others, I'm sure). Smartskin was an Avalanche idea, along with a few others, so, sometimes what we push for ends up benefitting everyone....

JoeW

Wegg
01-31-2003, 05:07 PM
There were times when it felt like we had a "red phone" on the programmers desk. We were working with them every day on getting odd quirks ironed out etc. But then one day. . . out of the blue. . . we lost that privilege and had to go through the "Steve filter". Bloody hell. . . I'm sure he is a real nice guy. . . but he BARLEY knows the program. . . let alone have the ability to work with you on fine tuning the subtle oddities.

There is a reason why 8.5 is the best version they had. . .

That was when the studios had more influence. . . :annoyed:

My Fault
01-31-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by JoeW
Yes, they do add things on occasion or fix something that's broken - but it really depends on WHO reports the bug to them - some people have the programmer's ears, if you know what I mean.

Some of the really cool features of AM started out as requests from us (and others, I'm sure). Smartskin was an Avalanche idea, along with a few others, so, sometimes what we push for ends up benefitting everyone....

JoeW

I still think JoeW's "Animation Master:Lap Dancer" edition would've been solid. Yeah we would get less work done, but we wouldn't be as pissed off. :p

It's a real shame they don't listen to the studios as much as they used to. I remember thinking how amazing 9+ editions would be after using 8.5 and seeing the direction I thought they were going in. They zigged when they should've kept zagging.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.