PDA

View Full Version : Artizen HDR beta 3 Now Available

Tlock
09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Artizen HDR beta 3 has just been made available. I have made this version as fast as i can, with support for much larger files. With this latest version i have been able to open a 10k x 10k (8bpc) with a only 1GB of RAM, on a 1.8 GHz Centrino laptop and was actually able use the brushes.

http://www.supportingcomputers.net/

Updates Include:

Brushes more than 50% faster. (Eraser, Liquid Brush, Spray Can, Pencil, Rubber Stamp and Spot Stamp)
Flipped Layer Manager layout order. < Request from CGSociety User.
Updated undo system for reduced memory and faster performance.
New HDR Flatten Image options.
Updated Export tools.
Faster loading of HDR Preview tool.
Fixed AutoFit to Screen and zooming sub system.
Fixed Eraser bug when working with layers.
Extended support for larger files sizes by more than 150%.
New "xxxxxx Default.xmp" tone mapping files, which are loading when clicking "Default" button or selecting a new operator from the drop down list. This helps new users to achieve better results faster.

Fattal Default.xmp, Lock05 Default.xmp, Lock06 Default.xmp, Schlick Default.xmp, Stockham Default.xmp.

http://www.supportingcomputers.net/Applications/Artizen/Tour/images/Exporting1.jpg

Bullit
09-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for info.

valentine
09-25-2006, 10:34 AM
[...]

Flipped Layer Manager layout order. < Request from CGSociety User.
[...]

hehe, thank you thomas - i really appreciate that. i had several stability and out-of -memory-lockdowns while using your old beta with huge hdr-files (6000x3000 pixels). so i unfortunately had to switch back to photoshop-no32bitlayering-wackness ;)

furthermore i dare to say that i faced some more troubles using the interface. as an all time photoshop user its quite hard to get used to different looking and responding tools and interface. the instant-feedback of those inputboxes and controllers slowed down my workflow, too - when i wanna type a value of lets say "50" into a filters inputbox, the filter gets calculated immediately after i typed 5... so i have to wait until its done before im able to complete my value of "50". quite annoying when dealing with huge files ;)

i hope im able to test your improved version in our next project.

best regards,
jannis

Tlock
09-25-2006, 02:17 PM
I completely agree, i'm trying to come up with a better solution for this. I hope to have something for the final version, which i will need to delay until the end of Oct as a result of my late release for beta 3 but in the long run it's worth it. Great input thanks you Jannis.

Oh ya, 6k x 3k are very large HDR images, wow. In terms of memory it's like working with a 12k x 6k 8bpc image, hope you have something like 2-4GB of memory and the /3GB switch enabled.

valentine
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
I completely agree, i'm trying to come up with a better solution for this. I hope to have something for the final version, which i will need to delay until the end of Oct as a result of my late release for beta 3 but in the long run it's worth it. Great input thanks you Jannis.

Oh ya, 6k x 3k are very large HDR images, wow. In terms of memory it's like working with a 12k x 6k 8bpc image, hope you have something like 2-4GB of memory and the /3GB switch enabled.

4 gigabyte and /3gb in my boot.ini ;)

btw: we had to use a 11k x 5,5k hdr in one of our previous projects :p

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.