PDA

View Full Version : Saab Gripen not Saab Viggen

Bullit
09-21-2006, 07:48 PM
I hope this is the right place to post.

In CGtalk frontpage the Digital Domain Saab Transformer News state that the plane is a Saab Viggen. That is wrong it's a Saab Gripen. Saab Vigeen is an old plane that is being retired from Flygvapnet (Swedish Air Force).

Regards

opus13
09-21-2006, 09:23 PM
the Viggen name was also given to certain cars in the US that were part of their 'fast' line, now discontinued.

(http://www.carreview.com/cat/automobiles/luxury-cars/Saab/PRD_32080_1529crx.aspx)

PaulHellard
09-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Gripen jet fixed. Thanks. (I knew there would be an expert out there somewhere.) I used to drive a SAAB Turbo 900i. I loved that machine. :sad:

Stahlberg
09-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Apologies for the tangent but

I saw a JAS Gripen fly recently.
Those suckers go... and when the full afterburner is aimed in your direction - damn. The bass seemed to push me backwards. I couldn't hear myself scream.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-1029.html

PhantomDesign
09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I love fighter jets! The reason I started designing supercars is I knew I would never be able to own any jet I design, so I picked a slightly more practical goal. (Ha ha). Now I just do it becasue I love it (And still want my super-cars).

Stahlberg
09-22-2006, 03:07 PM
PhantomDesign, I know what you mean.
Hey, cool coincidence - your company name Gryphon: 'Gripen' in Swedish... :D

Bullit
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Gripen jet fixed. Thanks. (I knew there would be an expert out there somewhere.)

Hehe. Glad that i helped. Yes i think i can say that i am a kind of an expert in planes and military matters. At least enough to spot Hollywood fakery like Sherman tanks disguised as German Panthers... and generalist media infinite number of errors like saying that everything that has tracks is a tank. Drop me a line if you ever need almost useless knowledge :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.