PDA

View Full Version : Question about XSI Production Series DVDs

trevlb
09-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I recently purchased XSI, and wanted to purchase the XSI Production Series DVD bundle to get started. I don't see them available in the Softimage store under that title and wondered if anyone new what they were listed as, or if they were discontinued. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

3DDave
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
The DVD's are on the Softimage store.

dwigfor
09-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I've found the training on 3dtutorial better than the Production Series dvds....

Singularity
09-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Which are you refering to?
Between free download and the dvd's in the foundation box, I have everything I can see in the SI store.
Is there another title than production series?

BabeBro
09-22-2006, 05:24 PM
The Production Series DVD's are no longer available on the softimage store.

trevlb
09-22-2006, 05:29 PM
thanks for the responses.

-singularity- i did not buy the version that came with any dvd's. so i need to purchase it separately.

does anybody know if the titles that ARE available on the store correspond to any of the production series dvds?

magnitude
09-22-2006, 07:31 PM
The review link of the production series from a few years back. I find them useful, especialy the modeling and animation discs I focus on. Most of the material is still useful. There's in depth coverage of how XSI works and how to use it. They would be worth getting on ebay if and when. A few titles I have from 3dtutorial are great too.

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=2287

Singularity
09-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Thanks Magnitude.
That clears it up a bit for me.
I'll keep an eye on ebay, as even though theres overlap with other material, they look worthwhile.

Trevlb,
Have you seen the older stuff at Mesmer (http://www.mesmer.com/)
Usefull for getting started, imo, and free. The .pdf books and guides is a good starting point.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2006, 05:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.