PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft titles leaked

Mattrne
09-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Just read this and was a bit stunned!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19863

Signal2Noise
09-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Ubisoft might be saying they are displeased but in reality this is their covert way of getting the Hype Machine started. ;)

Squash-n-Stretch
09-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Ubisoft might be saying they are displeased but in reality this is their covert way of getting the Hype Machine started. ;)

Understandable if a list of games was leaked...but CODE was in the 2 gig pack. I'd be pissed off too. Same thing happened with HL2, GTA: San Andreas and so on (although they were intentionally hacked into a stolen a few weeks before release)

Looking forward to the LOST game though :thumbsup: I'd be interested to see what they do with it.

tx_rx
09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
They're will no doubt be some heads rolling on this one, having [preview] code available can ruin peoples perception of a game. That's not nice. Sounds like a supplier had leaked/broke nda on the FTP info or something.

ReBootedOne
09-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Prince of Persia 4! yayzorz! :-P

-eric

madgodz
09-22-2006, 12:43 AM

bullcrap...publishers have very guarded and controlled processes for releasing info especially for unannounced titles. couple of insiders there say the other foot is dropping. this event is bad considering internal demos where in the drop. this is the last thing any publisher i've worked with would want to happen (unless you think unpolished media helps you move units).

Signal2Noise
09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Madgodz: notice the little winking smilie at the end of my post. I thought not. :rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.