PDA

View Full Version : Amiga IFF plugin for Photoshop

Tiburon3D
01-31-2003, 12:35 AM
Amiga IFF plugin for Photoshop

I have a plugin for Lightwave3D that creates unwrapped geometry for texturing purposes. The output file is in, I believe, Amiga IFF format. Does anyone know where I can pick this up?

Note: I have Photoshop 7.0.1 and it will not open IFFs. I found an IFF format on the Maya site, and I installed that plugin, but it would not open my IFF file. On the bottom of the page it said there was an Amiga IFF and it was incompatible with the Maya version. So based on this info, I'm assumming I have the Amiga version. I am following a tutorial in Inside Lightwave 7 and it utilizes IFF files for the texturing exercise.

Let me know. Thanks!

Jon

eudemonie
01-31-2003, 03:25 PM
---

are you sure this is for ps? or are you talking about Adobe After Effects ..

--
eu

tchook
01-31-2003, 04:17 PM
try
myfileformats.com

hope that help

Tiburon3D
01-31-2003, 04:19 PM
Yes I'm sure its for photoshop. I even saw mention of the amiga IFF.8bi plugin for Photoshop (they said it was for PS versions 4 & 5) on the Maya web site I found.

Thanks for your help, I'll check that myfileformats page out.

HarlequiN
01-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Yeah, there was indeed an Amiga IFF importer for photoshop (version 3 up to 5.5 I believe), and then, for some mysterious reason best known to Adobe themselves, they dropped it.

Why they did this is beyond me, as it's not like it took up a heck of a lot of space, and there are still amiga files floating around some areas of the internet, so it would be pretty handy from time to time.

Anyway, the format of the import plugin is still fully compatable with current versions of photoshop - all you need to do is find it.

I've just had a chat with someone who uses PS7, and apparently The Amiga IFF.8bi plugin is still supplied, but it's optional - If he's right you should find it in the /Photoshop/Goodies/Optional Plug-Ins/File Format/ folder

dg
02-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Yep, you can find it in the Photoshop 7 CD in the /Photoshop/Goodies/Optional Plug-Ins/File Format/, I haven't tried yet so take a look.

See Ya!

Per-Anders
02-02-2003, 05:58 PM
there's also a plugin for photoshop somewhere on A|W's site as Maya outputs IFF files.

gORDEK
02-02-2003, 07:06 PM
go check this, it might help you:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/graphics/fileformats-faq/part2/section-9.html

there is a proggy somewhere which will convert iff's to bitmap... you can open it in photoshop.... to lame, adobe dropped the support of amiga iff's....

gORDEK°

erikals
02-04-2003, 09:11 AM
PS 5.5 has the .iff plug-in. Adobe didn't include it in 6.0 . Stupid. Anyway, if you have 5.5, go to the PS 5.5 "file formats" folder under "program files". Find the plug in that says "iff", copy it to the PS 6.0 "file formats" folder.

It worked 100%.

I'm not sure if this works in 7.0

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.