PDA

View Full Version : Howling (nudity - Gore), Robcamp (2D)

robcamp
01-30-2003, 10:44 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/25706/howling_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/25706/howling.jpg)

Demons have been my favorite subject lately. This is a photoshop painting I just finished yesterday, it took about 8-10 hours (quick painting.. had to squeeze it between comics).

I used 2 photos of myself as reference (ehm.. it was weird to re-paint my body into a woman's). I may change some stuff around later..not sure yet.

There isn't much blood because the heart has been just ripped out. :twisted:

Prince-J
01-30-2003, 11:30 PM
:applause: Great! GREAT!

I see nothing at all wrong with it....Only thing that might help is adding more blood under where he is holding it, since he just ripped it out.

Real nice stuff :thumbsup:

Gkaine
01-31-2003, 02:40 AM
i dont get how ppl can do this so perfectly. its mind boggling

derwolpertinger
01-31-2003, 02:48 AM
i just love it!:love:
just the womans hair bugs me a bit, though i dunno why :D

Indolent
01-31-2003, 03:03 AM
Other than the fact that this just plain kicks ass, I will say that you made the devil's right arm just a bit too short, both in the bicept and forearm. Just a wee tad. I would have also liked to see the demon having cloved hooves for feet, but that's a personal preference. Other than that, this is flawless!

Baal
01-31-2003, 04:44 AM
It's all just great stuff, only one little criticism would go on the hair of the woman... I'd darken them a bit and "blur" them a little more so they do not appear to be as sharp as they appear now.

Other than that, I'd say... "Oh my god !" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :applause:

Akuma
01-31-2003, 05:07 AM
:bowdown:

This is amazing.. just.. amazing.

Oh and why didnt you simply use poser for the shape of the girl? The picture of the Goddess came out marvelously using poser as a guide. Wouldn't it save you time to do the same kind of thing or this one aswell? :shrug:

JDex
01-31-2003, 05:14 AM
Any chance of a tutorial??? Pretty Plz???:rolleyes:

The Magic Pen
01-31-2003, 05:49 AM
amazing ...

bansh33
01-31-2003, 06:10 AM
waw trippin :D
great work :buttrock:

platypus
01-31-2003, 06:12 AM
fantastic work!

fan of Faust comic by any chance?

piajartist
01-31-2003, 06:17 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!! Love the painting specifically the wound in the womans chest, breathtaking!!!:drool:

singularity2006
01-31-2003, 06:37 AM
u know, if i were a pyschologist, I'd probably give u some medication... hahaha, jk!! That is damn awesome though!! wow!

LucentDreams
01-31-2003, 06:38 AM
I think you forgot to lessen your abdominal muscles when changing you into her ;)

I find her abs a little too well defined, but thats more of a preference than a problem. The hair doesn't bother me much, m main issue is with the right arm as well.

Fantastic piece and congratulations on the frontpage :thumbsup:

kraal
01-31-2003, 07:21 AM
i like it also...the only thing again for me is the hair i think i am seeing too many individual strands not enough clups......ok now i was wondering if you could show a picture like this is done in photoshop as opposed to using painter...i have been trying to get some info on this method and all i am finding are tutorials that say ok now add shadows using custom brushes and mask but never go into detail on the actual tecniques...i am not looking for an art lesson just technique.....(sorry to as you this but i really like your style)

lildragon
01-31-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by kraal
i like it also...the only thing again for me is the hair i think i am seeing too many individual strands not enough clups......

I agree here, it really stands out, also the legs of the dude, its also like they're floating, as I really don't see where he's grounded. It almost looks like you didn't paint them in :p

The anatomy is marvelous, I dig her hips and he has this very powerful hero type yet ominous physique.

I truly dig this piece the proportions are very nicely done, and I really like the nails of the dude on her underside, love the detail you added there to make it seem like her flesh is very soft :)

Kicka$$ work :thumbsup:

You have received your 2nd CGtalk choice award and with the amount of talent you have, I see many more in your future :). Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! very inspiring work!

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com)- which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/award_jan_2003_2.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

sampi
01-31-2003, 08:18 AM
great stuff
:applause: :applause:

reptor2
01-31-2003, 09:00 AM
MAN COULD YOU GIVE US SOME WIRE OF THAT ???
kidding....
IT KICK ASS
You make me fell like a drunk dog he he
http://www.hackersmcr.hpg.com.br/new/eu.jpg
great work and in just 8 hours keep showing us some of your art
if you have a online port show us

William GUiLE
01-31-2003, 09:19 AM
simply... marvellous! Wanna see more!:beer:

pmatlock
01-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Great piece of work-:thumbsup:

I only saw one thing that jumped at out at me, and I had to look for a while before i noticed it....

Her belly-button seems to be located just a tad to high on her stomach. Maybe its just me though..... I personally am still having problems getting proportions correct in my work....

I love it!!

robcamp
01-31-2003, 09:55 PM
oh my! This forum is too generous to me! Your continuous appreciation for my art and your kind words are a good incentive for me to work harder than ever and strive to create more and more art.

Anyway:

Indolent: Good point on the arm! I can see what you mean now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Akuma: Well, poser may have helped and it may have been sufficient, but I wanted to try going back to using photos as I used to when I painted in oils. Also, in this image there are a few elements (bent legs and knowbby knees) that poser is usually not good enough to provide reference for. On a side note, for a static pose as this, it is easier to use a photo than poser. I prefer using Poser for poses that are hard or impossible to obtain with regular photographs.

Baal & kraal: Hair... yes, I should have spent a bit more time on it. This painting was done in a rush :( But I am collecting a great deal of very very constructive and useful crits on this thread that I hope to put into use soon and come up with a better version of the painting.

JDex: I will put up a tutorial on my website soon. I saved many stages of the painting, from the photo refs to the intermediate stages.

platypus: faust comic... mhhh.. maybe I heard of it, but am not sure. I assume it has to do with satanic themes?

singularity2006: ehm.... I must have been on something when I came up with the concept for this one.. ;)

pmatlock: mhhh.. yes.. yes.. I can see it too! Good find.

Kaiskai: I like to give my subjects super-ripped muscles, but I could agree with you that the high prominence and definition of the abs in the lower figure makes it look a bit less feminine

lildragon: thank you for the second award!!! And having some ground under the figures is a good idea.

reptor2: LOL!! That is a naughty dog! :)))))

Prince-J, Magic Pen, bansh33, piajartist, William GUiLE: Thank you guys!

Gotham
02-03-2003, 11:00 PM
..... Words? No.... :scream: :scream: :scream:

Tommy Lee
02-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Gore is good!...Nudity is good!...ya Pic is....

AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

fraggle two
02-04-2003, 06:50 PM
real great stuff...:drool:
can't belive its digital... i have sooooo much to learn

Evil_radish
02-05-2003, 10:32 AM
nice! way cool

i agree with kaiskai, the abs are a bit too defined, but other than that, man is it a scary looking pic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mike Demers
11-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Wow thats the the most Thaugh provokeing thing i think i've seen yet Keep up the great work but don't let your creations manifest themselves

TiCool
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh, God!
Is he gonna to cook it ?
Anyway, nice piece of work!

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.