PDA

View Full Version : Character: Lowpoly teen guy

exavi
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Here's one character I've made for testing normalmaps, I want it to be something like all of those tony hawk's game characters...

I only have created normalmaps for the folds of the t-shirt & jeans, cause I think that it don't really needs that much detail in the rest of the body...

I leave here two (front & back) renders textured and one "wire" render of the character.

Any C&C is welcome!
thanks!

tin-tin
09-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I can't see what the normal map is doing other than the folds on the shirt, bigger image would help.

exavi
09-21-2006, 09:20 AM
You're right I don't know why normalmap doesn't work as well as on the t-shirt i guess that maybe is because of the difference between the hi-res and the lowpoly jeans... i guess that normalmaps can't go that far... maybe i should try to smooth those areas...

i leave here hi-res& lowres jeans w/o textures

benclark
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
nice work

the wrist to hand proportions are a little off I think. You can see it in the render from behind

psychojohno
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
looks great. Strangely enough his face and hair looks just like one of my friends lol :p

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2006, 07:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.