PDA

View Full Version : Races of Middle Earth - Character - Smokey McPot

Smokey McPot
01-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone - I've been following CG Talk for a while now, but this is my first post & first challenge. It should be interesting, especially since I 'm pretty rusty with the ole' pad and pencil. Anyway, I've attached a (REALLY) rough sketch of my creature and a blurb on it's origins.

If I'm going to do it, I may as well start with this kick a** challenge!

My character is a creature of the Gragan race. There is less than 100 of it's species left in all of middle earth. They dwell deep down inside the Misty Mountains where each lives a life of solitude. They prey on anything, as long as it's alive, and have been known to eat their own kind. They are very territorial creatures, are extremely smart and are incredably strong. They like to set traps for their prey, making it a sort of sport, and usually torture those that do happen to get caught. All Gragans are male, and can only reproduce once in a lifetime. Gragans are hatched from a soft-shelled egg. They are on their own from birth. (It is said Gollum was almost killed by an infant just hatched).

Gragan's have no names because they have no culture and no reason to speak to anyone. They exist to eat, sleep and expand their territories. This Gragan was caputured by Sauramon to be used as a torture device for Prisoners. That is why it is chained. Magic has no effect on these creatures. The only way of capturing one is while it is sleeping. Even then they bury themselves in rock, making it extremely hard to do so.

That's pretty much it.

Smokey McPot
01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry, here's a bigger pic

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.