PDA

View Full Version : image sequence as a texture

raffael3d
03-18-2002, 08:00 PM
How can I apply an image sequence as a texture? Sorry, I don't have the manuals with me and I just really didn't find the function.
thanks.

raffael3d
03-18-2002, 08:48 PM
I could solve the problem: import the images as a sequence in the image editor and then you can apply it as a sequence in the texture editor.
:)

1-8-5
03-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Youre right. Further you can enable/disable the alpha channel of the material in the image'Ed, too. Tex'Ed - color > ImageLayer of course. Or use diffuse for mapping (imageM/additiv/100%) and the color to colorize the seq/mov. My experience is: Big movies/seq as textures - be careful, save often. LW could unexpectedly close if you use movies bigger than 200 MB with alpha in high resolution. Specially if you use a lot, on different surfaces.I think in this case Layout is more interference prone as Modeler. Maybe you should use Image/Textur-Editor in Modeler for these kind of texturing. Maybe.
In addition i noticed that LW/Image'Ed interpret the number of frames differently to QuickTime (but Im not 100% sure). So the dubbing could be difficult (+/-20fr to the original).

Good Work.
1-8-5

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.