PDA

View Full Version : best way to make a track , for games like NFS

OMS
09-20-2006, 01:22 PM
i want to know , what the best way to design the street or the track for racing game suck as need for speed ,

i need to answer it from the game side , so , the way ( i wish ) , will be more effecince as : very low poly , and real track .

i test more than type , but all types are fail ,,

such as :
- line and outline it then extrude it .
- line and outline it and use germent maker modifier .
- make two line and make poly then bridge between it .

the problem exactly apper when i make the previes type . there is an extra edge will apper ,

look for this picture to know about what i talk :

http://www.bof3d.com/upload/upload/wh_719625847.jpg

you will see the problem in the up right corner , there is an error in the street ,,

plz help me ,,, because really i asked some person and teld me , no way to solve this problem , just i want to know ,,,,,,, (((( How its good in Need For Speed !!! )))

KhronoSS
09-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Dude.. be more clear... cause i didn`t undertood a thing...
From what i see in the picture i can`t see naything worng.... please try to explain in a better way

Pollo
09-23-2006, 01:48 AM
A lot of times a level of a game is made with an the game's own software, but often Maya/Max is used to make models, cars, etc.

OMS
09-24-2006, 11:07 AM
ok ,
in other word ,
how i correct the hidden edge in the mesh !!

and how do more smooth mesh without modifier ...

Pollo
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I think you need to go over the basics and also study how levels for games are made. I think you're just spinning your wheels in your current pursuits. This isn't something you'll learn over night and it's best to start with simple tutorials and work your way up. :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.