PDA

View Full Version : Vuesynch

automan25
09-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Like many out there, I'm still trying to get the VueSynch plugin for lightwave to work properly. My problem is this:

I set up my scene in Lightwave and run the Vuesynch plugin. I then get the message that everything worked. I can even manually find the synch file that the plugin produced. Then when I open up Vue5 it cannot find the synch file. How is Vue5 supposed to find this file and read the synch information? None of the threads here seem to have covered this.

calilifestyle
09-19-2006, 08:01 PM
There is a few things on this forum about doing this. but i belive that IvanB has made many video tuts about the synch .

automan25
09-20-2006, 05:52 AM
IvanB does have some really helpful videos. In the videos though his copy of Vue seems to automatically find the synch information. My copy does not. I don't know if he had to set this up somehow...I certainly cannot figure it out.

IvanB
09-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi there Automan..

Threre's nothing special about the setup..Its simply add the plugin in LW as you would normally..Once you have run the plugin the info should make its way across to vue, and you then eccept it..then set vue up.
I take it your using lightwave and vue 5 infinite full versions..if so it should work..Does lightwave prompt you that the "sync information created operation succesfully" ?

I take it, your NOT getting the message "bla bla would you like to load new sync info etc" in vue.
I dont know if this will help but, if you have your camera targeted to say one of your objects in LW or some sort of expression etc...the camera info will not be synch'd..If you can give me a bit more info on what your doing..it might help to workout whats happening.
IvanB.http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gif

skin12002
09-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi

Do you have vue open at the same time?

If not, try it with both Lightwave and vue running at the same time

skin

IvanB
09-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Just to confirm, it works both ways..

automan25
09-20-2006, 03:56 PM
IvanB,

Thanks for the reply. You're correct in stating that I do get the confirmation message in LW, but not the prompt to load new data in Vue. Also, I am using the full versions of both software applications. Does there have to be some sort of similarity between the scenes in each application? (matching number of frames, same camera name, etc?)

IvanB
09-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Hey auto..

No not really..all the nameing and stuff from LW is transfered over to vue, keeping the same names..with regards to the frame numbers..you have make sure you synch from 0 instead of frame 1, because vue starts at frame 0..other than than that theres no special tricks...If your following the videos, than thats all you can do..Could it be something to do with the installation?...Um, try reinstalling vue..not real sure...there is an updated vuesync plugin available at the e-on site.."updates/fixes".
Sorry buddy I'm out of ideas.
Ivan.

CGTalk Moderation
09-21-2006, 02:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.