PDA

View Full Version : nature environment nearby a small facility

Raynix
09-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi guys

I'm building a small environment in a forest. There is also a small military/scientific facility situated in that forest.

I'm trying to make it look realistic enough, and this is actually to include in a demo.

It's my second time I try to do a environment and I hope I'll succeed this time.

sooo... any crits will be wide open accepted since all I want is to improve and land a job ...

utchamp
09-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey, it looks pretty good so far.!

The one thing i would suggest is to either take out the rings around the pole and paint in the link that connects the fencing to the pole or majorly size them down.. Even the top needs to be smaller.

Can't wait to see the other buildings and texture maps!

LaughingBun
09-20-2006, 04:47 AM
too much bump/specular, Needs some alpha mapped grass to give it some dimension too. Looking good though.

Gamedev
09-20-2006, 05:07 AM
The lighting is also quite washed out. I would say stay away from omnis if you can. Keep going, get some more texture work done and keep posting.

Raynix
09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
here's a small update I recently did.

Some stuff are still off like the barbed wires, but I'll fix that once I'm done with the textures for the fences / walls /gates

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2006, 05:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.