PDA

View Full Version : Giorgio Bertolone - VFS Animation Reel 2006

Lupin500
09-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi Society and friends!:)

After my Rigging Reel (thanks to everyone for all the comments!) here's finally my Animated Short Film that I'd like to share with you. It's my final project and graduation piece at VFS. Feedback and critique is always welcome! Cheers!

"THESE PAWS ARE MADE FOR FLYING"
A Short Film by Giorgio Bertolone

http://www.giorgiobertolone.com/Reel/CGAnim01.jpg

http://www.giorgiobertolone.com/Reel/CGAnim02.jpg

DOWNLOAD IT HERE (http://www.giorgiobertolone.com/Reel2006/GiorgioBertolone_AnimationReel_2006.mov) (Right Click & Save Target As)
Quicktime Sorenson 3, 37MB

FracoisBennet
09-19-2006, 07:21 PM
As always a damn good job man!!!:applause:
Just the title was hilarious hehe! I downloaded a few weeks ago from your website...
Very good animation (I like the whole style of it, colors included) and funny story!
No critique for me!:thumbsup:

ratatat
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
great job on the short along with your rigging reel, always good to see things in action. two thumbs up here. i'm still day dreaming about animating a rig with overlap settings.. haaa. keep up the good work. Best of luck in the job hunt.

ciao. :thumbsup:

Venus
09-19-2006, 08:21 PM
your character is so cool!!!
amazing job, man!

EPICI
09-20-2006, 12:01 AM
Funny.

Great job. :thumbsup:

EPICI

BlueGraph
09-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Ha ha man, that was really funny!:) Excellent reel, 4 stars from me!:thumbsup:

Broesworth
09-21-2006, 07:18 AM
It's great to see the rig in action, but a few continuity issues made it a bit inconsistent to watch imo.

When he flies toward the barn he seems to fly steadily toward it from about the same level as the grain/window but then falls straight down from an incredible height, through the middle of the roof. Also the tiles piled neatly on the roof after he falls through it stuck out as bad continuity.

For me those elements detracted from the flow of the short. I hope that doesn't come across as too negative, i didn't post in your rig thread but i felt the rig is very impressive.

sachin3d
09-21-2006, 07:58 AM
images look good. let me see the movie

sachin3d
09-21-2006, 08:12 AM
nice reel man. i reallly liked it. keep it up.

AndrewChang
09-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I saw this earlier after checking out your rigging reel (which was very nice as well). I like your style and the compositions of your scenes. Great work, good luck out there!

Lupin500
09-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Broesworth: Hey, your first post in the forum, welcome! I understand what you mean about the height and it was a choice that I made. When I finalized my animatic for the story I decided to not follow a realistic sense in order to not have physical limitations for my crazy character (after all, it's a cartoon ferret on a tree hehe...:) ). A fall from an higher point was funnier to me, but thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!:thumbsup:

FracoisBennet: Thank you, Francois! And see you in Montecarlo at IMAGINA!

Ratatat: Thanks man, when I'll release my free rig I will immediately invite you to play with the auto-overlap, hours of fun haha!

EPICI: Ciao Enrico! Allora come se sta a Roma? Molto piu' al caldo che qui in Canada immagino hehe! Thank you for your comments my friend!

Venus, BlueGraph, sachin3d, AndrewChang: Thank you guys, I really appreciate!:bounce:

Zoober
09-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Giorgio,

Great job with the short. It really came together in term6. Good luck with the job hunt!

-Nate

Broesworth
09-22-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Giorgio,

Yeah it's a subjective call on the fall i guess, rereading my post i think i came across a bit more intense than i intended! Thanks for the welcome and good luck with your reels.

:)

J.Gaeta
09-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Great work Giorgio! Congrats on finishing. You have done a lot of great work over the last 6 months. Good luck with the job hunt...

Cheers!

Jeff

Lupin500
09-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Zoober: Hey Nate, thank you! I saw your blog site, really good animation man. Can't wait to see your reel!:thumbsup:

Broesworth: Thank you and also for your critique, it's always good to receive feedback from another point of view.

J.Gaeta: Thanks Jeff!

PabloG
09-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Giorgio, please... stop making reels!!!:)

Ha ha, just kidding! Amazing short, great job!:thumbsup:

The part where he's falling is so funny! But how did you do the deformations of the skin? It's very realistic!

Lupin500
09-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Giorgio, please... stop making reels!!!:)

Ha ha, just kidding! Amazing short, great job!:thumbsup:

The part where he's falling is so funny! But how did you do the deformations of the skin? It's very realistic!

Ha ha, thank you Pablo!:) To do the little deformations on the skin I used a deformer over the envelope and I made some expressions to control the frequency and other parameters.

Pumar
09-30-2006, 01:23 PM
really good stuff here, i really like the look and cartoony feel.

you did a great job here, i also really impressed with you rigg for this character.

awsome stuff giorgio, wish you all the best man, and can't wait to see what you do next.

3 pints of guiness way up man.

jlyapor
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Hey giorgio, this has a really nice look, it's great to see your insane rig in action. good work!

dmc3d
10-02-2006, 03:48 AM
Hey Georgio

Really nice work. Congrats, i really like your style and you know i always liked your rigg, i hope everything goes fine to you.

So for me is five salsages for you hehehehe.

take care and keep in touch

kudoyku
10-02-2006, 03:12 PM
really cool....
falling part is the best...

Lupin500
10-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Pumar: Thank you Luis! I also wish you the best, 3 pints of guiness way up!:)

jlyapor: Thank you Jesus!

dmc3d: Hey Daniel, thanks! They still don't serve me the sausages!:twisted:

kudoyku: Thanks man!

bernoccoli
10-06-2006, 09:26 AM
it's a funny one, man. nice animation and music..

what about sound effects? they would give a big effort to the final result.

my only crit is on lighting. it's too strong, maybe you wanted to give your short an oniric feeling, but it's generally flat.. i don't clearly feel volumes.
also a stronger use on depth of field would help unflattening the image.

byyye.

Lupin500
10-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Hi guys, I uploaded the final version with the sound effects, it's also a little bit smaller (37MB). You can now download it HERE (http://www.giorgiobertolone.com/Reel2006/GiorgioBertolone_AnimationReel_2006.mov) or from the same link of the first post.

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2006, 01:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.