PDA

View Full Version : SymmetryMapping template problem

AnonyMouse
09-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Why I am receiving this errors with the default models - rig and man's body?! Everything is by default, I just put an envelope. This is each time I am trying to do this :banghead:
There are some absurds, like RShoulder-LShoulder :argh:
http://pleistorm.com/3d/symap.jpg

Sbowling
09-20-2006, 03:19 AM
I don't see anything that looks wrong here. Also, if you are using the default model and default rig, you shouldn't even need a symmetry map. Maybe I'm just not understanding your problem?

AnonyMouse
09-20-2006, 07:21 AM
May be I understand it wrong but I think the red means errors? Anyway it is not working - I mean the symetry.

grafikdon
09-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Symmetry mapping is bi directional. Scroll through the template and see if you have something like L-Shin to R-Shin and R-Shin to L-Shin...you have to delete one of the rules. I dunno...I came across that lately and got rid of the 'reverse duplicate rules' and everything worked fine... I could be wrong though but that's exactly what I did to solve my problem.

tuna
09-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Make sure your "SymmetryMappingTemplate" (or whatever you might have renamed it to) resides under the character model (default name "Biped").

[edit] to add: Models are important for namespace in XSI. If your Symmetry mapping template resides outside the model, then the names of the object in the template will have to be (using "Biped" as the model name) "Biped.LFootEff" instead of just "LFootEff"

Sbowling
09-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Ok, what you are trying to do is mirror the weights, correct? Does the character work as expected after applying the envelope? When you envelope your model are you selecting the envelope group from the rig? My only real guess is that maybe you did something wrong when enveloped your model. I tried to replicate what you did and it worked perfectly every time.

There are some absurds, like RShoulder-LShoulder

Rshoulder-Lshoulder is normal. Everything in the list should be R[objet] - L[object] If you have something like RFoot - Lhand or something like that then that would be an obvious error.

AnonyMouse
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Yes, it is normal so that is the reason I think it is absurd to show it as error.
tuna is right :) I just moved the map but I am still not shure I put it in the correct place because it shows neckCurve-Biped_Rig, spineCurve-Biped_Rig so I fixed them manually.
It works now, I put it into character model but strange - when I try to mirror weights, XSI is telling me that there is no template map and suggesting to create one. I cancel it and the weights are ok :hmm: Strange, but working.
Thanks!
But am I still missing something?

McNistor
09-29-2006, 11:54 AM
just delete it and make a new one. it's simple. as for the Lobj => Robj and Robj => Lobj they should both appear. this allows to mirror weights from left side to right side and vice-versa.

McKertis
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Having here the same problem, and i have no idea what tuna meant.
It does not seem possible to create a symmetry map "outside"
of model. How is it possible ?
I select my enveloped geometry, press "Create Symmetry Mapping Template", leave it on default - and the result is as in the first post. If i add "Biped" in front of a rule - it validates, but why should i do that in the first place ? Thats 50+ rules in each way !

Is it a bug, or am i doing something wrong ?

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2007, 12:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.