PDA

View Full Version : 3DQUAKERS: Automatic Rigging demo

3DQUAKERS
09-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Hi all,
I would like to announce our upcoming XSI title, Automatic Rigging for Softimage XSI.
This DVD will feature the creation of several scripts that automate the character rigging process.
This is a Quicktime demo. You need winrar to uncompress it.

The final release date will be announced soon.

You can download the demo here: http://3dquakers1.com/webroot5/download.php?det=29

Tak Tak
09-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I want it. I want it now! :thumbsup:

Chango
09-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi Charbel!

I'm just wondering about the architectural tutorial part 2 - where is it?. I bought the first part
and I'm curious about the second one!

Gwot
09-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Can't wait Charbel! I'm building my own scripts right now but would love to see how you go about it yourself. I'm sure I could incorporate more than a few of your methods and improve my own results greatly.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into your tutorials, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers,

James

madheavy
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Holy mother of pearl!
That is like awesome!!!
I may just have to update to the next version of XSI just to get it!! Sweet!

madheavy
09-19-2006, 04:53 PM
So this DVD will teach how to create the auto-rig script? How many hours is this DVD approximately?

Ejecta
09-19-2006, 06:34 PM
The zip file of the demo doesnt work.

3DQUAKERS
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Thank you for the nice words guys.

Gustave, the next version of the Architectural DVD is slated for after the release of XSI 6, because I want to include the new MRay features (if any) in the lighting section.

James, thank you for the nice words.

Medheavy, yes this DVD will teach you how to script the creation of the guide, rig and extras.
I will be starting from scratch, so no programming skills are required. Just Logic!

Lique
09-19-2006, 07:23 PM
Do you plan to release max version for the dvd?

dwigfor
09-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Can't wait! I'm starting to use the Rigging Pro rig and it seems to be great and easy to animate with.

How easy will it be applying my actions created with the Rigging Pro Rig to the new AutoRig? I noticed the hand setup is quite a bit different, so will I have to reanimate that stuff? Does it use the same naming conventions for the rig (RigPro vs AutoRig).

I know the demo was really short and skimmed over everything, but I noticed that the leg ppg only had stretch. It still has all the other controls from RigPro, right?

-Dave

LemonNado
09-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks! Another must have...
Lemo

3DQUAKERS
09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
A 3DS MAX version will follow sometime in the future.

Dave, once you learn your way around it, you can set the naming to whatever you like, matching that of RiggingPRO, and therefore transfer animations back and forth.
For the feet I just added stretching for animation reasons that I will discuss in the DVD, but you will learn to add whatever you like through scripting.

Rainer, I will upload another version for those having trouble opening the demo.

Ejecta
09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Zip file does not work. Neither with Winzip nor with WinRar. Both tell me it's corrupt. Maybe you wish to check that before your bandwidth is gobbled up with missed attempts.
Cheers
Lemo
Oops didnt read far enough.

yog
09-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Thats the second post about the Zip file that has been ignored. Must not want us to see the demo. :hmm:Re-read the post before yours. You'll see action is being taken.

magnitude
09-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Looking forward to this along with RiggingPro. Will you have introductory or bundle pricing?

Thanks

3DQUAKERS
09-20-2006, 07:29 AM
Yes Trevor, there will be a bundle pricing. I will announce it in time.

BTW, you guys can now download the demo from the same link.

adrencg
09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Will you offer a way to just set up an auto rig without re-rigging an entire character? I've already done your rigging pro DVD, and have no desire to spend a week rigging another character. So far I've just re-used the rig I built for different characters.

I guess what I'm asking, will there be a turnkey biped rig guide setup that we can just get going with right away?

Mike

3DQUAKERS
09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Mike, did you check the demo?
The purpose of the DVD is to teach you how to create a script that lets you rig unlimited characters with different proportions, with the click of a button (or 2).
What took hours to build in RiggingPRO will now take seconds...

Ejecta
09-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Are you going to add something that controls the twisting of the geo on the arms that works in FK?

3DQUAKERS
09-22-2006, 06:06 AM
Twisting in this rig works in both IK and FK. I just did not show it in the video.

Ejecta
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Twisting in this rig works in both IK and FK. I just did not show it in the video.

Sweet! I'll be looking forward to getting this then because that was my main complaint with your last rig.

3DQUAKERS
09-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Works the same way as in RiggingPRO.

Ejecta
09-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Works the same way as in RiggingPRO.
Well maybe we missed something.

mdee
09-25-2006, 09:16 PM
Which programming language you use in your video?

3DQUAKERS
09-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Automatic Rigging is taught in VBScript.

MLMckenzie
10-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Charbel,

Just curious as to your progress on the new training. I would love to get both Rigging Pro training at the promised bundle pricing, but I'm in a little bit of a time crunch if it will be awhile before the new one is done. Any news??

Thanks!

Mike

3DQUAKERS
10-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi Mike,

Won't be long now...I added some new features to the rig to make it as complete as possible in terms of Animation/Keying/Control, hence the delay.
Can't specify any exact dates but it should be out in November. I will post a new demo sometime next week showcasing the final version of the rig, codeamed Rocco

yourteenidol
10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Supercool, looking forward to it!

MLMckenzie
10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Great Charbel!

I'm itching to buy the bundle! Keep me posted.

Mike

janimatic
10-26-2006, 08:22 PM
i will buy it as soon as it's released...
because it contains a good amount of reusable code !

3DQUAKERS
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
i will buy it as soon as it's released...
because it contains a good amount of reusable code !

Yes it does. For instance, the new spine rig now contains a controllable stretch parameter.
You no more have to judge the stretching of the spine by its color.
This spine can be constructed by selecting any curve and running the spine section of the script. It can be used to animate books, magazines, cans of soda, and even snakes...

freeschwag
10-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Charbel,

This dvd looks very informative!

Will you be discussing at all the 'shadowing' of your complex rig onto a game-engine-friendly rig
(or techniques on best practices for such a thing)?

That would definitely seal the deal for me.

;)

cheers!

ebbmeister
10-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Charbel... any news on a release date yet?

Thanks
Phil

3DQUAKERS
10-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Hi Phil, as I stated above, and if everything goes well, I am aiming for a November release.

ebbmeister
10-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Thanks... somehow I'd missed that date!

The DVD looks great... RiggingPro was really useful to me, so speeding up the creation of the build will be very useful too.

Phil

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2006, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.