PDA

View Full Version : Max objects in the Vue Scenes ( How to import textured obj)

ozioz
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
I have tried everything that I can imagine But I have been able to do nothing so far.I also searched internet but result was not as good as I expected. And these are my questiones:

1. I have a building object in my max scene.

2. I apply a standart material with the appropriate textures onto this building.

3. And finally I import this object into my Vue scene that has been prepared beforehand.

4. But ufortunately Vue does not show the textures of the building that I've imported.

* Should I have used MR metariel?

* What is wrong with this process?

By the way; I used the plug-in which allows 3d max to connect to the vue and uses its features... But it did not work. (It was trial version... I think it is about an error with this plug-in. As far as I read in this forum.

If you know something about that, please inform me. I cannot figure it out..

IvanB
09-19-2006, 03:28 AM
Hi there...

I think you have to create uv mapps for the textures to import on the objects..this is how it works with lightwave...or you can try applying your textures in vue, to each part of your object..
There is a bit of stuffing around when importing objects with texture into vue...from my experience its not a simple process. Do a search in this forum for "textures" or "UV" there should be heaps of threads with regards to this.
Ivan.

Hatrix
10-04-2006, 04:44 AM
Hiya,

You can also try and save the file from Max as a Wavefront Object file, in this way you can create a directory with all your maps you have used in the scene as a sub.

So when you import the file into Vue you just point to that directory, then you can spend time stuffing around to get eveything to look good. Also, some procedurals looks great in Max...in vue they don't exist.

Then again there is a VOB plugin / translater for Max on the e-on website to download if you are registered.

Use mapping time as time out cause it sure is time consuming

later

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2006, 04:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.