PDA

View Full Version : weird rig behaviour

toonafish
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm using the default XSI rig and I'm having a hard time understanding why it is that when I move the "UpperBody" in the Z axis, it slowly moves down in the Y axis the further it's away from the world center, or it's parent center.

Just give it a try, create a rig from the default biped guide. Create a key on frame 0, Move the "UperBody" about 100 untits in the Global Z axis on frame 50 or so, create another key. Now check the Y axis Fcurve in the Animation Editor.
It goes from -2.2603 to zero...???!!

Does anyone have a clue why that happens ?

misterdi
09-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Check the neutral pose of the Upperbody,

This is the same question ask in XSIBase,

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=11;action=display;threadid=26783

Regards,

frodog
09-19-2006, 07:45 AM
I am a XSI beginner and I had a really frustrating time figuring this one out.

Why doesn't Softimage fix all the little issues with Michael Isner's default rig... I thought it was supposed to be production-ready.

Or is it that most people don't use it, and just create their own rigs? I use it because I don't really know how to set up a rig myself yet, but it seems to have lots of quirks like this that could easily be fixed in one of the patch releases.

toonafish
09-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks a bunch, that seems to fix it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2006, 02:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.