PDA

View Full Version : First time MoCap via Actor in MB

Sentenza
09-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Am I missing sth. important that I can not see right now?
Here is what I would like to achieve ... The normal pipeline I think? Correct me if I'am wrong - But the aim is to map my maya character with MoCap data from this device here (Fullbodytracker - http://nodna.com/FullBodyTracker.27.0.html) ... First Step we have done: recording some testanimations in the original FBT fileformat - then converted this to a fbx file ... opened that fbx file in MB it gives us markers who correctly represent the motions we recorded. Ok - no problems so far. Now I created the actor in MB and try to reshape him so that he fits our markers ... Still no probs here, but then there will be sth. I cant' figure out ... I have surley researched how to do this the correct way in the autodesk area and in the web but I seem to miss sth.! So what have I done - I created the marker set for the actor and alt-dragged the right markers in there. I oriented all of them and then I let MB snap an recalculate the translation and rotation. And MB should activate the mapping onto the actor, right? So that the actor would be driven by the mocap data markers ... But MB doesn't ... He moves the actor in a strange pose ... but when I hit play - nothing happend??? Do I miss a step ... or what ... ??? In the theorie that actor then should drive my characterized character but I cant' test that right now, because the actor stays unanimated!

Thnx for every answer helping a mocap "newbie" ... ;-)

Sentenza
09-19-2006, 08:10 AM
No one even with a little hint about that - or is it :-) just too "stupid" to ask for/to easy to answer!?

Sentenza
09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
P.S. ... Is it important to create a rigid body system to map my data to the actor?

*EDIT* Ok, that seem only important to correct optical mocap data more easy! *EDIT*
*EDIT* But what we have is a "mechanial" system! *EDIT*

Sentenza
09-19-2006, 12:10 PM
:-) Ignore my questions! Was more or less my fault that things do not work properly (how every :-)) Just to tell you why I wrote a last time in this thread ...
We just wanted to mocap the upper part of the body and so I chose to map only those markers to mb's digital actor, but exactly that was the bad part. It seems like it is a MUST to map all markers that should be in the actor puppet. I mapped the chest, uparms etc.pp. but everything down the hip I left out. But now I also maped those missing parts and everythink worked fine ... :-) Maybe they should mentioned that in their manuals? (just to cover every situation!) Anyway ... Now we can continue! Letting the actor drive my actual character was more easy!

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2006, 12:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.