PDA

View Full Version : That annoying twitch

grafikdon
09-18-2006, 09:30 AM
Ok...I know this issue has been slapped to death but this is kinda different. I have a walk cycle with the character walking in space. I was able to get her move forward but there is a jolt at the end of each cycle.

Here's what I did:

I animated the steps and found the cycle on frame 28 and then extended the clip into two extra clips using the expression "this+(cid*10)". The character wouldn't stop the horrible twicht no matter what I do. I even used the frame preceeding the first frame as the last frame as well as the first frame simmilar to the last frame withouth getting rid of the twitch...i could do this the old fashioned way but when you have a character wandering and picking up stuff for almost 3 minutes with the same motion and varied speed...you gotta look for a short cut.

Anyone got a solution to this? Any tutorial (preferably video) free or commercial, doesn't really matter.

Here's a link to the cycle.
http://www.mayhemproductions.org/Video/Jerky.wmv

erwinl
09-18-2006, 12:10 PM
I don't know for sure, because I have no animating experience, but isn't there a duplicating of first and last frame?

Or a slight translation either in the first or in the last frame of the walkcycle?

That's the only things I can think of.

Greetings

Erwin

ShadowM8
09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
When making the cycle have first and last frames identicle, and before saving it into the clip make sure it's 1 frame less than your cycle toa void having 2 exact same frames one after the other. Also make sure the tangents of the last keys match up with those of the first because that can have a popping effect.

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2006, 12:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.