PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Battletank

ElFuego
09-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi!

Here is the latest gamemodel from me (semifuturistic tank). I'v been working hard lately so I haven't had time to do anything but this weekend I got one day off and made this quickly in about 4h.

Please Crit before I start to texture it. I have no concept to work from so ideas for the colors and such are welcome :)

It's little over 5000 tris.

Box is a human size reference human.

http://fuego.ungroup.net/tank2.jpg

TychoCelchuuu
09-17-2006, 09:26 PM
That looks really neat. The only real crit I can think of is that you might want to put more polys into the treads, if just to smooth them out a bit. With something that huge, people will do a lot of staring at them, and you could certainly take a few polys off, say, the headlights to round out the treads themselves. You might also consider modelling the treads as a seperate object (assuming you haven't) so they could actually rotate on their own, instead of having an animated texture, although I dunno how feasable that is.

ElFuego
09-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Thanks TychoCelchuuu :)

I already removed the waste polys on the headlights and your advice about making the threads as a separate objects sounds good. Maybe I spend 1000 or so more tris for the threads. Then I'm somewhere above 6000 tris... is that too much?

I'm thinking about making some normal maps but not sure yet...it would add the detail but then again it would add the texturespace too. Well Gotta make some re-modeing this night if I have time and strenght :)

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2006, 06:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.