PDA

View Full Version : XSI: Scripting: is item selected?

MasterZ
09-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Well neebie to scripting question number two (apparently this learning curves is made of whole numbers).
So I've got the actually polygons from a Selection (in the last question) now I'm wondering how I ask if a certain polygon is in the selection.
I foolishly assumed that all objects would inherit item.Selected property but no that's not so. Seems that's what the ComponetCollection based on the SubComponent of the PolySubComponent of the Selection is for !?!
Anyway I figured okay it's a Collection of things it has to have an isMember type method [or we are not in a happy developer place]. Well only Groups have isMember so I guess I'm looking for a method to convert this particular ComponentCollection to a Group so it will respond to isMember.
Otherwise I guess I'm asking how in this bizarre XSI world one asks this simple question...
Is this polygon selected?

Any help up my second stair in XSI scripting is appreciated thanks. Right now I feel like three strikes and its over for my experience in self learning XSI scripting.

ShadowM8
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Without looking in the SDK docs, can you check if certain name (ie polygon number) is inside the collection?

CGTalk Moderation
09-17-2006, 04:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.