PDA

View Full Version : e-on website down for anyone else?

fishfood
09-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Hi all,

just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with the E-on website? I can't get anything from it at all, not the main site, support or forums. All dead.

hopefully it'll be up again soon.

fishfood
09-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmmm, very interesting! The cornucopia3D site is down as well, and if I'm not very much mistaken, they share something in common don't they?

Curioser and curiouser.

iloco
09-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I can not enter the registered users forums or any the forums at C3d.
I thought I was haivng a problem and now glad to see it is a problem at e-on instead of on my end. :)

fishfood
09-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for that, I'm pleased someone else is having trouble too. It's been down all day now. Must be bad stuff going on somewhere.

DigReal
09-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Hmmm, interesting indeed. Wonder if they're spending the weekend preparing for something? :curious: :)

fishfood
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I didn't like to say anything but, you never know.

Of course if it is to do with Vue6 then it's a funny way of going about their web design, unless they're doing an entire infrastructure overhaul ready for the launch. I guess we're probably just getting excited - but Vue6 is something to get excited about I suppose (I hope!).

fishfood
09-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, the main site is back after a whole day of being dead and guess what...nothing has changed!

The forum is still dead, but cornucopia3d is back up which is good.

Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait a little while longer for Vue6 to appear.

DigReal
09-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Still seems odd to me that the forums at the 2 sites dedicated to Vue would be down at the same time. Guess I'll keep up my wishful thinking. Besides, it's been way too long to not hear anything new about V6... e-on has become really good at keeping quiet.

fishfood
09-16-2006, 10:10 PM
It's not so odd that they both go down together. I'm pretty sure that Cornucopia3D is a subset of, or a partner of, E-on. When they were down earlier the error message I got on my screen was a mysql error which made it very clear that they share the same server.

So if there is a technical issue with the server then they will both be down, whether or not there is anything significant going on with Vue6. Given the utter silence on the matter, my guess is there's nothing happening with Vue6.

DigReal
09-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Aww man, you're such a pessimist....but you probably are right. :wise:

Ya know, I don't mind if e-on holds back on the big release til they get the bugs out (ok, so I could live with a few bugs, just want to get my paws on it), but it sure would be nice if they'd at keep us informed on how things are going. At least let the beta testers tease us with V6 renders.

All this silence is driving me nuts. :scream:

IvanB
09-17-2006, 05:59 AM
No problems here..I can access the sites just fine...there's no updates. If your registered I think you'll get an email..not sure...I check the site for updates on the 6 release daily..Nothing yet.

stalkeron
09-17-2006, 10:35 AM
hm, this IS strange, as I am writing this, the forums on e-on and cornucopia are down. the galleries on cornucopia too. I can't access those. definetly a server problem on the php part or something. I hope they get it fixed on monday!

IvanB
09-17-2006, 12:00 PM
My apologies..the forums do seem to be down..I thought the actual e-on and cornucopia sites were down...

Sorry for the confusion.

fishfood
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
mistakeIt's alright, there's no confusion actually. Yesterday morning the whole e-on web presence disappeared, main site, cornucopia and forums. Sporadicallly throughout yesterday and today the main sites have reappeared then gone again (currently the main eon site is dead again). The forums however have remained down the whole time as far as I am aware.

I've been checking regularly in the vain hope they're about to unleash Vue6! Sad, I know.

So I think they must be having some serious server trouble. The E-on forums have always been horribly slow though, so I hope this might invite them to upgrade whatever hardware they're using while they sort out the technical issues.

IvanB
09-18-2006, 03:34 AM
I know, it is sad, But I too am constantly checking to see when 6 will be available...Cant wait!

LuciaK
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Hello, all! The e-on software/Cornucopia3D server did crash on us over the weekend, but we're back up and running with restores all done. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

IvanB
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey there..just to confirm...I got an email from e-on explaining the site breakdown..

"On Friday 9/15 at 12:42PM a fatal hardware fault caused a total breakdown of the e-on software and Cornucopia3D.com servers. "

AND an update on VUE 6....
The validation of Vue 6 Infinite and Vue 6 xStream is making good progress, and is close to completion.

Our devoted beta testers are dissecting the application to chase down and report as many bugs and glitches as they can.

Our top priority is to deliver a rock-solid Vue 6, which is why we have decided to postpone release slightly. We plan to pre-release Vue 6 Infinite and xStream during the month of October.

Prior to pre-releasing Vue 6, we'll make several announcements and shed some light on the special offers introduced in our latest communications.

So stay tuned for more information to come. We are convinced that your patience will be rewarded!

Ivan.

CGTalk Moderation
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.