PDA

View Full Version : My very first low poly model

Beaver
03-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Actually its my very first model in maya. I just started using it. I was using Softimage 3d 3.9, but I sucked at that, so its not like it helped. 1261 polygons. There are some hard edges I need to smooth, like the one on the left side of the stomach, but any sorta C&C is welcome, I'd appreciate it :) I need to not suck so be harsh, its all good heh

paranoy2k
03-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Really cool model!I like the proportions!!

Please, can you tell me how much polygons you got after the triangulation process?

I guess you got around 2500 polygons or something...
When we are talking about low res model, it's seem to be really important to talk about triangles as polygons to give others a real idea of it's optimisation...:)

Beaver
03-19-2002, 12:01 PM

I was showing a friend who models for games and he ripped me apart about my proportion at first. I modeled it using a drawing I made that was not anatomically correct, so I had to go back and fix the proportions so it looked somewhat right. I just added the arc to the back and pulled the legs back some haha...anyways its 2170 polygons triangulated. Thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.